The mission of Saint Christopher’s Montessori School is to create an engaging preschool environment that is devoted to each child’s social, emotional, academic, and spiritual growth. We are a Christian school in the Episcopal tradition, committed to welcoming people of all faiths. We are devoted to cultivating each child’s self-confidence, self-discipline, and love of learning. Our school combines traditional Montessori learning with the option for full-time daycare that provides both personalized care and opportunities for educational and spiritual growth throughout the day.
Saint Christopher’s Montessori School is utilizing its temporary closure during the 2020 Fall Academic Term as an opportunity to restructure our classrooms, culture and community engagement in an effort to properly serve families in the new decade. Candidates for this position should not only meet State Licensing requirements and possess one or more of the traits listed below, but should have an interest in being on the forefront of a new and improved education and care experience catered to a diverse group of parents and children. A passion for casting vision, efficiently and effectively utilizing resources with long term goals in mind, and fostering a healthy and open school culture is a must for candidates considering this position.
ROLES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
The SCMS School Director acts as the chief executive officer of the school and serves as the central leadership figure.
The School Director…
- Works closely with and reports directly to the Clergy and Lay Leadership of Saint Christopher’s Episcopal Church, as well as the school Board of Directors.
- Tends to the issues that concern the school as a whole and facilitates communication and builds consensus among the school’s staff, families and Board.
- Assumes charge of School operations, the employment and discharge of faculty and staff, and the designation of duties and responsibilities.
- Actively manages the School’s business, property and affairs and the establishment of curricula.
- Works with the leadership of Saint Christopher’s Episcopal Church to unite the mission of the Church body with the School.
- Casts vision for the future direction of the School while continuing to support and encouraging the preservation of its Christian identity and Montessori Philosophy.
Candidates for this position must be qualified to assume the role of a Director of a Child Care center licensed for operation in the state of Texas. Per the Texas Department of Health and Human Services, candidates must align with one or more listed combinations of education and experience, listed on this document.
While all candidates for the Director position who meet state requirements are encouraged to apply, Saint Christopher’s Montessori School is looking for the following traits in their ideal School Director:
- Familiarity with, training in, and passion for Montessori education and experience working in an educational or administrative role within a Montessori environment. | AMS-certified educators and administrators in particular are highly encouraged to apply.
- Respect for and experience providing early childhood education that incorporates religious instruction and practice, particularly as it applies to Episcopal Christian formation. | Saint Christopher’s ideal School Director understands the necessity of bringing together the aims and outreach directives of the Church and the School together.
- An eagerness to initiate and enact vision for the School on a practical level. | SCMS’s School Director should have a passion for uniting school staff and attending families around said vision and utilizing given resources creatively and efficiently to ensure plans are fulfilled along a given timeline.
- Experience leading a team of caregivers and educators. | Candidates should demonstrate an understanding of Montessori school structure and an aptitude for utilizing this structure in an efficient and mutually-beneficial way.
- Excellent communication skills. | SCMS’s School Director should have experience building healthy relationships between students, staff, and parents and maintaining clear communication for the benefit of all parties.
- An entrepreneurial spirit that the School Director will use to expand the client base of the school and ensure its success going forward.
POSITION SALARY AND BENEFITS
Salary commensurate with experience and within national averages, with additional incentives tied to reopening goals, and the opportunity to increase base salary by meeting mutually agreed upon goals for the advancement of the school.
- Medical, Dental and Vision coverage for the Director and qualifying family members
- Paid Time Off in addition to designated school breaks
- Enrollment in the school’s Pension Program, along with fellow school employees
- Continuing Education through AMS and affiliated programs
- Reimbursement for and provision of communication tools including a personal computer, cellphone, etc.
Interested candidates should submit a resume and cover letter along with a minimum of two and maximum of three professional references (Name, Phone Number, Organization & Position) to firstname.lastname@example.org.