International Montessori School located in Spain (Cadiz-Sotogrande) is interviewing lead teacher candidates to fill a vacancy at the upper elementary level (6-9 years old) for our 2020-2021 academic school year, starting in September and ending in June.
We are located in the south of Spain in a beautiful village between the beach and nice countryside.
We are a small school with a maximum capacity of 100 children from 0 to 8 years old. Our AMS accreditation is in progress. Our objective is to grow our school with our children. Our elementary group started with us at Infant Community.
Our school is bilingual, English and Spanish.
Successful candidates will join a dynamic, supportive, family and forward-thinking team in a positive working environment.
Lead Teacher Qualifications and Skills:
- Elementary teacher bachelor's degree
- Montessori certification (AMS, AMI or MACTE)
at the upper elementary level (additional certification at
the lower elementary level is preferred)
- Native English
- Strong communication skills
- Excellent Computer skills
- Excellent classroom management skills
- Be responsible for the teaching and caring of the class and guarantee children's safety
Lead Teacher Responsibilities:
- Prepare her environment
- Plan lessons (could be online in case of lockdown)
- Observe and track student learning using school technology
- Prepare end of term reviews and parents meetings
- Support each child to learn at his/her own pace
- Respect everyone
- Supervise lunch and playground activities
- Collaborate with families
- Be able to be part of a team
- Have the ability to integrate Montessori curriculum to national and international curriculum
- Follow the school rules and regulations
- Take initiative, has a peaceful and joyful personality
- Contribute in meetings with the team
Why teach at IMS?
IMS offers competitive salaries and helps you with all the visa procedure and administration support, comprehensive benefits package and paid holidays (Winter and Spring).
- We are like a family and help each other
- Everyone has a voice
- We focus on quality education
- We help you to find a home
Please send us your CV:
We are looking forward to hearing from you.