WILLOW OAK MONTESSORI
POSITION: Teacher Assistant
Willow Oak Montessori is a collaborative community of professionals passionate about engaging every child in an inspirational and equitable individualized learning journey. The Teacher Assistant will be eager to take their cues from the Lead Teacher, and will take initiative in offering assistance where it is needed most, with the ultimate goal of helping to ensure that our school is a safe, happy, and comfortable place for all students to learn.
- Cultivate a safe and nurturing environment for all students, paying particular attention to the barriers that students and families from traditionally disempowered populations face in fully participating in our community.
- Support student’s needs in all areas - physical, emotional, social, and intellectual.
- Support Lead teacher in reinforcing classroom agreements in a positive manner.
- Assist in maintaining clean and orderly learning environments.
Employment Classification: Instructional Support
Contract Type: Full Time; Salaried, 10 months
Position Reports To: Lead Teacher
- High School Degree
- Adaptable, Proactive, and Positive Nature
- Availability that corresponds to scheduled classes
- Basic understanding of and interest in the Montessori philosophy
- Associates or Bachelors Degree
- Teaching License/Certificate
- CPR and/or First Aid certification
- Previous Montessori experience
- Applicants who have experienced oppression, discrimination, or other adversity in their lives who are willing to bring insights from those experiences to our team