We are seeking an assistant teacher to join our team of dedicated early childhood professionals. The assistant teacher will support the lead teachers in maintaining a quality educational program for the full day or in the PM hours while following the Montessori philosophy. We are dedicated to providing children with an authentic Montessori education, and building partnerships with families to serve our students in reaching their full potential.
- Supervise and guide children during lunch, nap or on an excursion to the park (all weather) and assist in the implementation of daily program activities together with lead and other assistant teachers
- Display professionalism when communicating with faculty, staff and students positively and effectively
- Working with children ages 2 to 6 in a loving and nurturing way
- Attend professional development meetings and school events as a member of the school community
- Display a loving and caring demeanour to implement positive discipline methods that align with the school’s high standards of caregiving
Preference given to candidates who have the following qualifications:
- Will commit to serving our students for at least one full school year
- Experience in a Montessori classroom
- A strong desire to learn and willingness to attend professional development opportunities
- Two years full time experience preferred
- Experience with this age group strongly preferred
- High School Diploma
- A minimum of two full time years of childcare experience
- The ability to lift 50lbs
This is a flexible opening at full or part time, 10 or 12 months.
We offer very competitive wages, paid time off, paid holidays, tuition reimbursement, and high quality professional development offered among other benefits. Full time employees receive health benefits.
Please apply by sending your resume, cover letter, and three professional references ato email@example.com
We are an equal opportunity employer. An open and equitable personnel system will be established and maintained. Personnel policies, procedure and practices will be designed to prohibit discrimination on the basis of race, color, religious creed, disability, ancestry, national origin, age and sex. We extend our commitment to our employees, vendors, and contracted services to include non- discrimination in regard to sexual orientation, gender, and gender identity as well. Employment opportunities shall be provided for applicants with disabilities and reasonable accommodation(s) shall be made to meet the physical or mental limitations of qualified applicants or employees.