Drummond Montessori is an urban school that has reinvented itself. Building on its longstanding tradition (1893) in the Bucktown neighborhood, Drummond School is based on a time-tested philosophy that is usually reserved for private school education. In 2004, with federal funding, Drummond became the first public Montessori School in the City of Chicago — the largest urban district in the United States to embrace this challenge.
In early August 2004 Drummond opened our doors to three Early Childhood classrooms, comprised of 3, 4, and 5-year-old students. Due to high demand and local interest, our classrooms have grown from the original 3 to 13, accommodating students from pre-school to 8th grade.
We offer a full-day program for all students, beginning at the age of three. Our day begins at 8:30 a.m. and ends at 3:30 p.m. All 3- and 4-year-old children have a rest period in the afternoon while our 5-year-olds receive additional instruction with their teachers.
We are seeking an Early Childhood Classroom Teacher (PK3 – K) to join our amazing team. For more information regarding the position, feel free to e-mail Principal Kittle at email@example.com.
- A Bachelor’s Degree, and valid Illinois State teaching certificate
- Experience working with diverse students and families, and a commitment for advocating for all children
- Growth mindset and belief that all children can learn and achieve at high levels
- Excellent relationship building and communication skills with adults and students alike
- Team player willing to roll up their sleeves to get the job done
- Ability to multi-task in a fast-paced, dynamic environment
- Ability to work independently and as a member of a team
- Excellent organizational, planning and implementation skills
- Excellent writing, communication and presentation skills
- Montessori credentialed at the 3-6 Level