ABOUT THIS POSITION:
We are looking for experienced Montessori educators who hold a Primary (3-6 year old) certification or an Elementary I (6-9 year old) certification to join our team of dynamic staff who are phasing in the Montessori School at LeMoyne. We need someone who can multi-task, collaborate, communicate with colleagues and families, provide behavioral interventions as needed and contribute to the development of what our school has to offer. Maintaining a positive classroom climate and culture is a must. Data collection and analysis from classroom observations and student screening and assessment is preferred. Preference will be given to candidates who hold both NYS and Montessori certificates. Candidates without both will be expected to achieve certification.
WHO WE WANT:
Successful SCSD educators are passionately committed to urban education and all in for Syracuse students. They:
- Believe strongly that all students can learn at high levels;
- Demonstrate commitment to serving urban students, schools or communities, and to closing the achievement gap;
- Demonstrate willingness to put the interests of students above all others;
- Actively contribute to a culture of high expectations in their school and district;
- Adapt seamlessly to the complexities of the urban school environment; and
- Follow current trends in education policy and research, including Common Core standards, comprehensive assessment systems and data-driven instruction.
- The current starting salary for SCSD Teachers is $48,500. With proof of outside related experience and college transcripts, the salary will be increased pursuant to the Unit 1 contractual agreement.
- Teachers who are assigned to work at schools with extended learning time will receive an additional stipend.
- Teachers will have opportunities to teach in our Summer School Programs, receiving an hourly rate of $42.69.
To view the full job description and to apply, please visit https://platform.teachermatch.org/applyteacherjob.do?jobId=57885.