Position Available: Lead Teacher (Grades 4-6)
2019-2020 School Year
Monday - Friday, 7:30 - 3:30
Salary: $32,500+ depending on credentials and experience
• Current South Carolina Elementary Education or Middle Level teaching credential or current Elementary Education or Middle Level teaching credential from another state.
• Montessori teaching credential preferred (AMS/AMI preferred)
• Experience teaching 1st - 8th grade students is preferred
Lead Teacher Responsibilities:
• High emotional, social, and academic expectations for all learners.
• The ability to prepare the environment and change the environment to meet the needs of your learners.
• Sound professional judgment.
• Excellent instructional delivery strategies.
• The ability to memorize the 2000+ Montessori key lessons and incorporate the language and expectations of the SC state standards into your daily expectations.
• Knowledge and understanding of relevant background knowledge related to both the Montessori curriculum and the SC state standards.
• The ability to differentiate instruction for all of your learners.
• Strong written and oral communication skills.
• The ability to work closely with your teaching team and the director of the school.
• The ability to communicate often and professionally with staff and parents.
• Yearly participation in relevant professional development activities with staff as well as formal professional development for certification requirements.
• Attendance at 75% of PTO events and 75% of Parent Education events.
• Regular attendance at staff meetings and curriculum/literary meetings.
Please email a letter of intent, resume, and three references with phone numbers to email@example.com.