Radcliffe Montessori American Preschool is opening a new school and is seeking Montessori Lead Teachers for the 0 – 3 years old age group and the 3 – 6 years old age group. We are working closely with our partner school, Shrewsbury Montessori School, in this endeavor. Shrewsbury Montessori School is a school with close to 50 years of history and 3 campuses in the state of Massachusetts, USA. The school has also been granted the highest level of recognition offered by the American Montessori Society (AMS) in the form of AMS Accreditation.
As our Lead Teacher, you will be working in a highly dynamic, exciting, and well-knit international community, all while enjoying very competitive benefits and wonderful growth opportunities! This position will be based in the bustling metropolis of Shanghai, China and begins August 2019.
- Manage classroom’s day-to-day activities;
- Ensure the welfare, safety and educational achievements of students;
- Complete and maintain all records, reports, evaluations, inventories, student records and tests in a timely manner as required by the school;
- Perform tasks necessary to maintain a safe, clean, orderly and attractive environment including upkeep and inventory of materials;
- Maintain knowledge of current research on teaching and subject areas relevant to your program and level;
- Understand and promote the school’s mission, objectives, and policies in a positive and supportive manner;
- Model a respectful tone within the school community;
- Attend and participate in school functions that relate to your position or teaching level;
- Contribute to the health and wellness of the Radcliffe community.
- Experienced Montessori teacher for the 0 – 3 years old age group and/or the 3 – 6 years old age group;
- Has completed or in the process of completing a MACTE-accredited Montessori teacher education program (such as those affiliated with AMS or AMI) for the 0 – 3 years old age group and/or the 3 – 6 years old age group;
- Holds a Bachelor’s degree or higher;
- Native or bilingual proficiency in English.
- Salary starting at $35,000 and goes up according to experience. Salary + housing option is also available;
- Comprehensive health insurance;
- Work visa;
- Paid holidays;
- Dependent schooling scholarships;
- Annual roundtrip plane ticket between Shanghai and home;
- Healthy and delicious lunch prepared by our master chef;
- Training and career development opportunities.
If you can envision yourself thriving together with us, please email your CV and/or any question that you may have to Anthony Hendriadi, Director of Radcliffe Montessori American Preschool, and Edward Kuh, Head of Shrewsbury Montessori School. We look forward to hearing from you soon!
Shanghai is the the world’s second most populous city proper and one of the most dynamic and exciting cities in the world. A bustling and sprawling city that offers a fusion of East and West, old and new—it has something in store for everyone. Shanghai has been attracting foreign visitors for hundreds of years, and it is now home to a large number of expatriates from all over the world who have fallen in love with and settled down in the city. It offers the comfort and cosmopolitan lifestyle of a metropolis such as New York or London, but at a significantly lower cost of living. Take the leap to this opportunity of a lifetime and you will never regret it!
Click here and here to read about how it is to live in Shanghai as an expatriate. Also, click here for cost of living comparison of Shanghai and New York (you can compare other cities too).