Montessori Lower Elementary Teacher (6-9)
We are looking for qualified candidates that support our school mission and values. Looking for positive individuals who will provide an academically rich, engaging and respectful environment which meets the needs of each individual student.
- A Bachelor’s degree from an accredited College or University
- A Montessori Credential from a MACTE recognized training center
- Legally authorized to work in the United States
- Ability to relate to and inspire students on their independent educational journey
- Evidence of emotional maturity and stability
- Technical skills that support recordkeeping (Montessori Compass) and parent communication
- A love of learning
- Strong personal communication skills and written communication skills
- Collaborate and communicate with co-teacher in a classroom of 24 students
- Work with program level staff to provide consistency across all Lower Elementary classrooms
- Establish and maintain good communications with parents through parent conferences, meetings, informal communication, emails, classroom newsletter each week.
- Demonstrate a growth mindset for professional and personal growth
- Maintain good record keeping and observation notes for each student using Montessori Compass as a record keeping tool
- Attend all school meetings and school related functions
- Prepare materials, lessons and other needs necessary for the classroom
- Engage in professional development to renew and acquire skills and stimulate teaching ideas
- The position of Montessori Elementary Teacher is considered a professional, exempt position. The role of a Montessori Teacher is many faceted and the time needed to complete necessary tasks and responsibilities on a daily basis may require additional time outside classroom hours.
Valley Montessori School offers a competitive wage and benefit package for employees.
Please visit our website: www.valleymontessorischool.com to learn more about the school and the community!
In 2005, VMS became the first Montessori school in California to be fully accredited for toddler through eighth grade by the American Montessori Society (AMS), (accredited with non-traditional Montessori age groupings in Upper Elementary and Middle School) and the Western Association of Schools and Colleges (WASC). VMS became the first and only school in California to be accredited by AMS, WASC, and the California Association of Independent Schools (CAIS) in 2014. In 2017, VMS became a certified California Green Business.