Valley Village Montessori School is dedicated to supporting the highest potential of each child in a nurturing and safe environment that will foster intellectual and emotional growth while creating independence and inner discipline through exploration in the Montessori classroom. We support every child in becoming a joyful and courageous agent of peace, builder of community and creator of justice and beauty. We are a private, non profit Montessori school governed by a Board of Directors and located on a beautiful church campus in Valley Village, CA. We offer an enriched environment with programs based on the educational philosophies of Dr. Maria Montessori and are looking for a wonderful candidate to join our passionate and nurturing team of educators!
- Assist the Lead Teacher in observing the classroom to ensure that the students remain peacefully engaged throughout the work cycle.
- Support children in completing their Montessori works, as trained and directed by the Lead Teacher.
- Assist children with social and personal hygiene skills, as needed.
- Share any observations regarding student development with the Lead Teacher.
- Model integrity, curiosity, responsibility, creativity and respect for all persons, as well as an appreciation for racial, cultural and family diversity.
- Organize snack schedule and communicate snack needs to assigned families on a weekly basis.
- Actively participate in staff meetings.
- Interact in a professional and positive manner with other staff members and parents.
- Comply with Valley Village Montessori's Confidentiality and Conflict of Interest policies.
- Comply with all policies and procedures included in the VVM personal policies and Handbook.
We will be modifying our program based on CDC and state guidelines for best practices to ensure a safer environment for our students and staff during COVID19. We look forward to welcoming a new member to our wonderful team!