Clementine Montessori School is seeking an assistant teacher for the all day Montessori program. The afternoon provides children with time for a Montessori work cycle, optional nap, and comprehensive arts education studios. Arts studios include fine art, theater, gardening, cooking, music, and movement while upholding Montessori philosophy and principles. This is an afternoon position from 12pm - 6pm to start with the option to add additional hours.
- Support the lead teacher with children's daily activities in accordance with Montessori teaching and learning philosophy.
- Assist in preparation of materials and execution of the lessons.
- Assist in preparation and maintenance of the classroom environment.
- Responsible for cleaning afternoon snack dishes and light kitchen maintenance.
- Share questions and observations with the lead teacher on a timely basis.
- Demonstrate knowledge and experience of working with children between three and six years of age.
- Understand and promote the school's mission, vision, objectives, and policies.
- Understand safety and physical well-being of the children is our primary responsibility.
- Maintain knowledge of, and adhere strictly to relevant facility, local, and state procedures.
- Attend school meetings/events.
- Willingness to pursue professional development opportunities.
3+ years of experience with children between three and six years of age.
Interest in and passion for teaching the arts including fine art, theater, gardening, cooking, music, and movement preferred.
Bachelors in an education related field and/or interest in pursuing a Montessori credential preferred.
Ability to bend, climb stairs, squat, kneel, and lift up to 50 lbs.
Please visit our website clementinemontessori.org
. Under the "About" tab, there is a page for Employment Opportunities which will give the instructions for submitting an application.