Bay Farm Montessori Academy is seeking a high-energy, creative, and inspiring humanities teacher whose style is congruent with Montessori education principles. We are looking for a dynamic teacher who has the capacity to lead our rigorous, student-centered humanities program in our completely re-designed Middle School facility.
Picture a learning space designed with the middle schooler in mind. Students can write on the walls, reconfigure the tables, and gain quick access to prototyping and presenting tools. That’s the Shop, our new, innovative middle school facility where students will have the space and the flexibility to learn in a 21st-century format. This adaptability, combined with excellent collaborative planning and teaching, will foster creative exploration and invention - a foundation for innovation.
The Shop will:
- emulate traits commonly seen in creative industries.
- allow teams of students to collaborate over academic content, incorporating new ideas and concepts as they work to build, create, and solve problems.
- put a wide variety of supplies and technical resources at our students’ disposal.
- respond to our students' developing knowledge and skills by being flexible, re-configurable, active, and well-prepared in the true spirit of the Montessori philosophy.
By the time Bay Farm students reach middle school, they are confident, capable learners who take on challenges with a spirit of creativity and independence. Bay Farm students thrive in collaborative classrooms where the work of learning is approached with joy, purpose, and compassion.
- Bachelor's Degree (in English, History or related field a plus).
- Preference will be given to candidates who have prior Montessori training and experience.
- Strong interpersonal and collaboration skills with the ability to communicate effectively and respectfully with all constituents.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills are required.
- Collaborates well with colleagues of diverse backgrounds on pedagogical approaches, curricular alignment, and instructional strategies.
- Encourages collaborative teamwork in the classroom, teaching students to communicate effectively and thoughtfully, justify their reasoning and consider multiple perspectives when solving problems.
- Invests in the life of the school by participating in school events, planning committees, and professional development.
- Demonstrated professional behavior, including discretion, judgment, and integrity.
- All prospective employees must be able to clear a background check.
We work together to cultivate a vibrant Montessori learning community where children are inspired to grow with joy, purpose, and compassion. Through the wonder of direct exploration, the satisfaction of engaged learning, and the integration of visual and performing arts, Bay Farm Montessori Academy students develop the skills and sense of responsibility to be confident learners, eager to understand themselves and their world.
How to Apply:
If you are a committed, creative, self-directed individual with the desire to create a strong relevant humanities program in a nurturing, collaborative and inventive Montessori environment, we would like to hear from you. Please send a resume and letter of interest to email@example.com.
You can learn more about our school and this program at www.bfarm.org.