Montessori School of Louisville (MSL) is interviewing Montessori-certified (AMS, AMI, MACTE) candidates for a full-time Lower Elementary teacher (6 years - 9 years) position commencing in August, 2019. MSL is a welcoming and dynamic learning community of children and adults committed to sharing in Montessori Best Practices.
The ideal candidate has Montessori certification (6 through 9 or 6 through 12 years of age), experience working in a Montessori Lower Elementary classroom, a passion for Montessori philosophy, practice of empowering children as learners, and is a self-starter with strong interpersonal skills. Experience using Montessori Workspace is an asset. The MSL lower and upper elementary classrooms will work closely together, sharing resources and off-site classroom experiences.
More importantly, we are seeking lead guides with: Deep knowledge of Montessori theory, impressive experience with how to apply Montessori theory successfully, a talent for innovative problem solving that is consistent with those same Montessori principles and practices, an affinity for learning while leading a class, and a desire to shape a connected community of staff, parents, and students.
- hold a M.A.C.T.E., AMI, or AMS designated Lower Elementary I or Elementary I & II diploma
- have proven experience working with children ages 6 - 9
- have strong leadership and organization skills
- be enthusiastic, compassionate, creative and inspired about teaching
- be able to work and communicate effectively with colleagues and parents
- Musical, artistic and linguistic abilities are an asset to this position.
MSL offers a competitive compensation package including medical, dental, flexible spending account, retirement savings and more. MSL competitively remunerates lead teaching faculty to retain an exceptional community of educators.
For more information about MSL, the Lower Elementary program or to speak with Jennifer Cattell, Head of School, please forward via email a copy of your resume or CV with references to: email@example.com.