POSITION: DIRECTOR OF SCHOOL START DATE: August 1, 2020
The Board of Trustees (BoT) of Kingwood Montessori School (KMS) is pleased to invite qualified submissions of interest and nominations of candidates to become the next Director of this outstanding School.
Who We Are
Kingwood Montessori is a private, non-profit elementary school founded in 2007, based on the Montessori pedagogy, serving children from 12-months through 6th grade. KMS is a community of Montessori educators who meets the needs of our students by bringing about true progress in the world around us. We enjoy an education model that fosters independence and develops competent, capable, and action-oriented thinkers. During the past decade, KMS has made significant progress and seeks to continue on a path of growth and innovation while it continues to address its long-term issues of funding and development.
Kingwood Montessori School develops confident passionate learners, immersed in a challenging academic environment, with an emphasis on peace, diversity, and respect. We empower today’s problem solvers to be tomorrow’s leaders.
Kingwood Montessori School cultivates lifelong independent learners who contribute positively to the world around them.
Kingwood Montessori School is looking for a Montessori leader who shares a passion for the Montessori Method and has the talent and perseverance required to grow enrollment, attract and retain high-quality staff, build a strong parent community, and ensure the educational experience for each child in every classroom is of the highest standard. As the Director of School, you will work in a close partnership with the BoT.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to
- Manage the budget to ensure overall profitability targets are met
- Ensure enrollment targets are met along with the Administrative Assistant
- Build a strong community among staff, parents, and children
- Create a strong culture that embodies the mission of our organization
- Develop a strategic plan in partnership with the BoT
- Ensure that the values of peace, diversity, and respect remain central to the school’s programs at every level.
You will need
- Strong financial management skills, including budget preparation, analysis, decision making and reporting
- A history of generating new revenue streams and improving financial results
- Active fundraising experience, with excellent donor relations skills and understanding of the funding community
- Experience hiring, supporting, developing, and managing teaching staff
- Excellent administrative skills, including the ability to multitask and to delegate appropriately
- A high level of strategic thinking and planning, ability to envision and convey the organization’s strategic future to the staff, board, volunteers and donors
- Solid organizational abilities, including planning, delegating, program development and task facilitation
- Ability and desire to maintain open communications with faculty, staff, parents, and alumni
- Strong written and oral communication skills
- Confidence in public speaking
- Master’s Degree in Education or Business preferred
- Experience as a Director of School or with the administrative functions of a school
- Non-profit management experience
- Preschool and/or Elementary teaching experience
- AMS or AMI Teaching/Administration Credential preferred
- Texas Childcare Director’s Credential preferred
- Comprehensive knowledge of and experience with technology
The salary is commensurate with level of education and experience.
For full consideration, applications should be received by June 12, 2020. Completed applications should include a letter of interest, curriculum vitae/ resume, and contact information (email addresses and phone numbers) for three (3) professional references. References will not be contacted without prior authorization from the applicant. Applications should be sent electronically (MS Word or PDF format) to firstname.lastname@example.org