Seeking part-time Mental Health Specialist starting April 3-June 15, 2019. Candidates must be a licensed Marriage & Family Therapist or a Marriage & Family Therapist Intern who is receiving supervision as mandated by CA law. Experience with high school students preferred. Seeking empathetic and fast-learning candidates who are passionate about serving adolescents and their community. High level of organizational skills, communication skills and initiative are a must.
• Duties will include providing individual mental health counseling and wellness check-ins,
• facilitate restorative justice & conflict resolution,
• provide crisis counseling or crisis assistance,
• provide mental health resources,
• address mental health and mental illness (including but not limited to depression, anxiety, abuse, etc),
• Address risky behaviors such as alcohol and drug use.
• Must be willing to maintain and track meticulous records of mental health support of students.
• Must be able to work efficiently and effectively on their own