Madison Montessori School is located in the beautiful family community of Madison, NJ. We are a small community school that offers a Montessori education tailored to cultivate children’s natural curiosity and desire to learn.
We are looking to fill an administrative position that supports all functions of the school’s operating tasks as part of a supportive team. Primary responsibilities include supporting all aspects of Enrollment Management including parent relations, data entry, database and file management, and general support to the Early Childhood community. This is a full time, 12-month position.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Provide outstanding and sincere customer service to prospective and current school families, both in person, on the telephone, and via email.
- A respectful, empathetic, polished communicator who can interface with and effectively motivate people from all walks of life and a diverse array of backgrounds.
- Share and learn about Montessori education, early childhood development, and children in general in order to answer frequently asked questions of prospective families making inquiries.
- Collaborate with the team regarding Admissions communications and materials.
- Prepare admission materials for all applicants if/as needed.
- Be able to lead campus tours for prospective families.
- Parent visit and child visit scheduling.
- Exude a positive, will do, collaborative attitude.
- Manage aspects of day-to-day bookkeeping including, but not limited to, reviewing, processing and recording payroll and all organizational revenue and expenditure entries to the general ledger on a timely basis.
- Assist in recording and tracking of all restricted funds for scholarships, financial aid and other specific initiatives.
- Assist with all aspects of the purchasing process including order placing and tracking, and inventory management.
- Reconcile all accounts monthly.
- Assist in onboarding of all new employees, including 1099s and contractors
- Maintain effective compliance for applicable federal and state employment regulations including, but not limited to, fingerprinting and staff certifications (CPR, etc).
- Support the administration of staff benefit programs including health care, group insurance and retirement fund.
- Maintain secure and confidential human resource related files and records.
Skills and Qualifications:
- BA/BS degree preferred.
- Admissions experience in a Montessori school preferred.
- Ability to maintain confidentiality in all matters pertaining to financial and personnel.
- Excellent technology and software skills. Ability to learn new platforms.
- Strong time management and keen analytical and organizational skills.
- Logistical and creative thinking.
- Attentive to detail.
- Commitment to excellence.
- Bookkeeping experience, preferably in an educational institution.
- Proficiency in Quickbooks preferred.
- Salary determined based on experience.