Co-Lead Physical Education Teacher and Auxiliary Programs Athletics Position
The Kingsley Montessori School’s mission is to engage the mind, hands, and heart of each child to nurture resilient explorers, confident learners, and empathetic citizens.
Located in the heart of Boston’s Back Bay, Kingsley is an independent day school guided by a unique blend of Montessori philosophy and innovative programming. Kingsley offers an educational program tailored to the talents, curiosity, and growth of each student. We are committed to the health of our students and have put in place rigorous safety measures to operate in person. Our progressive, inquiry-based programs cultivate students’ social and academic development and prepare them to advance successfully to top public and independent middle schools. Our program’s commitment to knowing every child and to partnering with parents propels students to access their potential.
Kingsley is looking for culturally aware applicants for the position of Co-Lead Physical Education Teacher Position to instruct students from grades K through 6. This P.E. educator works in collaboration with the Co-Lead P.E. teacher and is responsible for supporting the student health and wellness curriculum, promoting fitness, and student collaborative development. The After School responsibilities involve organizing and delivering after school athletic programming to Kingsley students throughout the year in a fun, engaging, and inclusive manner. The position is demanding, varied and complex. Instructors must be adaptive to the spatial limitations of an urban campus with no gymnasium and capable of leading students in both online and outdoor activities.
Our selected educator must be collaborative, possess excellent interpersonal skills, and be an expert in existing and emerging P.E. pedagogy. You must engage early learners and adolescents equally and thoughtfully. We seek reflective, intentional educators who are looking to contribute to a progressive curriculum, pedagogy, and principles. Candidates with independent school experience, advanced degrees and strong backgrounds health curriculum and DEI work will be preferred.
This role reports to campus between the hours of 10:00 a.m. and 6:00 p.m
- BA/BS degree required and MA degree preferred
- Minimum of three years teaching experience
- Experience with a variety of instructional methods and multi-age learning environments
- Experience implementing a balanced curriculum
- Ability to work collaboratively with faculty to enhance curriculum and community
- Commitment to meeting the needs of each child
- Commitment to professional growth and best practices in education
- Familiarity with and/or an interest in learning more about Montessori pedagogy
- Competitive, independent school salaries
- Matching 403b plan
- Dental, Health, Vision, and Flexible Spending (FSA)
- Extensive, professional development opportunities, including Montessori training
- Qualified transportation program
- Tuition reimbursement for eligible employees seeking Montessori certification
- Kingsley tuition remission of up to 50% for eligible children of full-time employees
Kingsley Montessori School values and celebrates diversity because it makes us a better employer, builds a stronger school community, develops a sense of collaboration, and encourages mutual respect and broader thinking. We are an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, gender identity, sexual orientation, pregnancy and pregnancy-related conditions, or any other characteristic protected by law.
TO APPLY, CANDIDATES SHOULD SEND THE FOLLOWING INFORMATION* BY EMAIL:
- A cover letter describing your interest in the position with an overview of your background and experience with children and education
- A current resume
*Electronic file names must be in the following format:
- FirstName LastName CoverLetter Year
- FirstName LastName Resume Year
- Please include the job you are applying for in the subject line
APPLICATIONS SHOULD BE SENT TO:
Hilary Gillcrist, Associate Director of Operations & Senior Administrative Assistant