Children’s House Montessori School is seeking an experienced and innovative educator in one of our two Primary classrooms for the 2020-21 school year.
The ideal candidate will hold an AMS Montessori Primary Teacher certification and 3+ years experience teaching and working with children, preferably in a Montessori environment. S/he will exhibit a positive, optimistic attitude; treat all students in a fair and equitable manner and communicate effectively with parents, colleagues and the community.
This position is a full-time, 40 hour a week position and entails working as lead teacher in the Primary classroom in the morning and supervising the afternoon, extended day program.
Major Duties and Responsibilities
Curriculum, Materials, and Classroom Management
- Presenting consistent and individual group lessons to the students and supporting each child’s direction and success.
- Working with students of varying abilities assigned to the classroom, including those with learning exceptionalities, as well as attending meetings to support children who require it.
- Preparing the Montessori classroom environment to meet the students’ needs and interests.
Parent Education, Meetings, and Conferences
- Assisting in the development of and participates in school functions, including but not limited to open houses, orientation meetings, parent education, and school-wide activities.
- Preparing documents and reports necessary to facilitate parent teacher conferences or other meetings requested by parents or school administration.
Record-Keeping and Data Assessment
- Maintaining student records, reports, evaluations, inventories, and tests.
- Preparing student progress reports and assessment reports as required by administration.
Supervision of Classroom Assistant
- Collaborate daily with classroom assistant and provide direction for classroom maintenance, classroom management, and students’ academic and social progress.
- Provide guidance in data collection tools as well as Montessori philosphy.
- Participate in assistant’s annual employee review.
About Children’s House Montessori: Located in picturesque Camden, Maine, Children’s House Montessori School’s mission is to provide an educational culture that respects the child’s innate desire to learn. Our school fosters curiosity, creativity and critical thinking while preparing each child to be a thoughtful, independent and compassionate global citizen.
In all that we do, Children's House Montessori School honors the tenets of respect, scholarship, fellowship, and environmental sustainability.
For more information, visit www.camdenmontessori.org
Please submit a cover letter, resume and three references (written or contact information) describing your experience and qualifications to email@example.com.