Assistant to Head of School
The Assistant to the Head of School supports the Head’s leadership role, and performs administrative and operational tasks to maintain effective and well-organized day-to-day operation of the school, short and long-term goals, and institutional projects. Hours are Monday through Friday, 8:00am to 4:00pm with one-hour lunch break. The Assistant to the Head of School reports directly to the Head of School. Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Liaison between Board of Trustees, Head of School/BHMS Community
- Updates Board of Trustees Portal on school website
- Organizes and attends monthly evening board meetings (is note-taker if secretary is absent)
- Assists with meeting agendas and supporting reports, coordinates board committee meetings
- Coordinates annual revision of Faculty and Staff Manual, Crisis Management Plan, Fire Drill and Evacuation schedule
- Supports the Admin Team as needed during meetings and day-to-day operations
- Reviews and prepares outgoing correspondence to faculty and staff,
parents, trustees, and local officials from the Head’s office when applicable
- Supervises correspondence with school organizations, including AMS,
NAIS, NYSAIS, NYC Guild
- Coordinates travel, registration, accommodations for annual conferences (PoCC, AMS, INH, NYSAIS Board Meetings)
- Coordinates renewal of school memberships
- Manages school internal and external programs calendar and event requests
- Serves as first point of contact for the community in collaboration with the Receptionist
- Track Head of School’s credit card statements
- High school diploma required, bachelor’s degree preferred.
- Microsoft Office and G Suite proficiency are essential.
- Experience as an administrative assistant is a plus.
- Must be able to multi-task and work independently with limited supervision.
- Position requires strong customer service skills and excellent written and verbal communication skills.
Brooklyn Heights Montessori School has an institutional commitment to the principles of diversity. In that spirit, BHMS is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, creed, color, gender, sexual orientation, age, physical challenge, national or ethnic origin, ancestry or any other characteristic.
To apply for this position, visit http://employment.bhmsny.org and click on the "Assistant to the Head of School" link to submit your resume and application.