Navarre Montessori Academy is seeking a full-time || temporary Montessori Early Childhood teacher to join our small teacher-led, Montessori school. This job is temporary for summer.
NMA is a young school seeking a Montessorian who desires a collaborative role in the development of our school and programs.
More about our school DUTIES and RESPONSIBILITIES include but are not limited to:
• Embody the Montessori philosophy, displaying deep respect and love for children.
• Maintaining a healthy, clean, and safe environment for the children in your care.
• Preparing the learning environment in accordance with the Montessori educational method.
• Establishing, modeling, and reinforcing classroom rules and expectations.
• Protecting the lessons from interruption.
• Redirecting children to work.
• Supervising children in the classroom and play yard.
• Observing and responding to children's needs, emergencies, and conflicts that may occur while they are at the school.
• Ongoing assessment of student progress and maintenance of current and accurate student records. • Communicating student progress with parents.
• Other duties as assigned by the Head of School.
• Lifting a minimum of 45 pounds. QUALIFICATIONS and SKILLS
• Montessori Early Childhood credential
• Completion of the Florida Department of Children and Families (DCF) Mandatory Introductory Training (40 hours)
• Completion of Florida DCF Early Literacy Training,
• Certification in First Aid and Pediatric CPR,
• Must complete a Background Screening through Florida DCF with a status of Eligible for Child Care and Summer Camps.
EXPERIENCE Preferred candidates have 3 or more years of experience in early childhood education. COMPENSATION and BENEFITS • Competitive salary, commensurate with experience.
• Staff discount on tuition for children or grandchildren.
• Other benefits as the school grow