Headwaters School, a Pre-K through grade 12 independent day school serving 550 students across its three campuses in Austin, TX, is seeking an Early Childhood Classroom Support Guide in our Early Childhood School for the 2019-2020 academic year.
At Headwaters, our esteemed Faculty are responsible for fostering a positive environment of learning that responds to the particular needs of each child and classroom environment; helping each student to develop identity formation, to live authentically, to think expansively, and to create bravely.
Our ideal candidate is passionate about providing exceptional child care, and loves working with children and within a team. Our Early Childhood Campus teaches a Montessori based curriculum and we pride ourselves on our personal connection with every family and child we have in our care. This position reports directly to our Head of Early Childhood.
Title: Classroom Support Guide/Creativity Club Guide
Hours: Monday - Friday, 10:00am-6:00pm
- Work with children in our Early Childhood program aged 18 months - 5 years in a classroom setting consisting of 2 lead guides and 1 support staff member.
- Support the children through their classroom experience, including assisting with nap time, toileting work, and other daily transitions in the classroom.
- Maintain a clean and tidy indoor and outdoor environment for all children in coordination with the other guides to provide a safe space for learning.
- Develop and maintain an environment that meets the sensitive period/plane of development of the children he/she works with.
- Maintain an ongoing dialogue with your team to coordinate curriculum integration and implementation, as well as maintain communication with parents.
- Main guide of Creativity Club (after school care).
- High School diploma or GED, required
- Is familiar or has experience with the Montessori philosophy and/or environment
- Strong organizational, communication and interpersonal skills
- Ability to manage behavior with young children
- Able to learn positive language and conflict resolution strategies from team
- Good communication skills with parents and colleagues and learns from observation
- Patient and accountable
- Flexible and adaptable
- Caring and nurturing with young children
- Willing to learn new tools
- Ability to multi-task
- Ability to follow oral and written directions
- Willing to support potty training, as needed
- Is a team player
- Is a creative individual, who is willing to think outside of the box
- Has a commitment to personal and professional development
- Has the ability to maintain calm and focus
- Operates with a high level of integrity and organization
This is a full-time, 12-month salaried, exempt position and compensation is competitive for the greater Austin area. The School offers a wide-range of benefits including generous paid time off, 100% paid medical insurance for the employee and 401(k) employer matching, on-going professional support and continuing education opportunities, and a unique working environment where you are able to share and receive ongoing feedback.
Interested applicants should go to the Headwaters School Employment website to apply.
Headwaters School welcomes applicants from all backgrounds. As a 501(c)3 non-profit school, Headwaters does not discriminate because of race, color, creed, national origin, religion, gender, age, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation or any other classes protected by federal, state, or local law in its administration of policies regarding eligibility for faculty and staff positions.