- Within the U.S.: at a minimum, a Bachelor’s degree from an accredited institution and evidence of continuing professional growth;
- International: the nationally recognized educational standard applied in each country and evidence of continuing professional growth;
- AMS Credential at 0-3 level.
- Evidence of competence in teaching, educational administration, and curriculum development (evaluations, letters of recommendation, projects developed, or curricula designed).
- Evidence of at least three years of teaching experience in a Montessori classroom with children after receipt of Montessori credential.
- Be a current member of AMS.
- To adhere to and maintain the highest possible standards of the training program, and to the standards of the American Montessori Society.
- To deliver the 0-3 Early Childhood Montessori Teacher Training curriculums.
- To discuss with the Executive Director and/or the Academic Consultants on a regular basis as to the progress and development of 0-3 courses.
- To provide training of 0-3 Montessori curriculum as the training schedule requires with a minimum of 2 core subjects being delivered in the Early Childhood Montessori Teacher Training.
- The responsibilities identified in the program of Student Handbook and Student Policy Handbook. Provide information needed to satisfy required documentation to the AMS and MACTE leading to MACTE accreditation and student’s AMS certification.
- Write Self-Study for AMS/MACTE and Documents for Additional Locations and maintain all deadlines in a timely fashion.
- Prepare Annual Reports for AMS and MACTE.
- To submit student fees and location fees to AMS and MACTE agencies.
- To recommend students to AMS for certification.
- Create the training schedules for all courses being offered, appoint, supervise and assess the delivery of all Montessori courses and other curriculum , maintaining the highest possible standards at all times.
- Maintain standards of American Montessori Society and MACTE.
- Responsible for documentations preparation if training location need to be added and evaluations from AMS.
- Responsible for filing all AMS applications & evaluation documentations and make copies to Administration Department for record.
- Assist with Annual Examination,Assessment & Evaluation from AMS.
- Takes on other tasks as assigned and/ or discussed by the Executive Director.
- To interview those applicants interested in the program and to review their files with the Admissions Director in order to make final decisions as to entrance into the training program.
- Counsel Students throughout course cycle.
- Ensure that communications with supervising teachers and internship sites are facilitated.
- Inform supervising teachers of their responsibilities.
- Organize for all written assignments and evaluations during the internship phase to be reviewed and distributed.
- Observe and instruct students in designated curriculum areas.
We provide excellent salary based on educational and professional background. In addition:
- Housing allowance
- Free international health insurance (not valid for the US)
- Home-leave airfare reimbursement
- Up to 180 paid vacation days
- Free meal at campus during working hours
- and much more!
Established in 1990, the International Montessori School of Beijing (MSB) is a member of AMS, providing English Only and Dual Language programmes to over 400 students from 21 countries, from early childhood to grade 6 (18 months to 12 years).
Our beautifully designed 11,000 sq. meters campus includes Nursery, Kindergarten, Reception and Elementary wings plus sports fields and different play areas. For more information please visit www.msb.edu.cn.
Teachers at MSB are valued members of our international community and are passionate about creating a stimulating and inspiring Montessori learning environment.
MSB is part of Wisdom International Education Group, leading organisation in the Asia-Pacific region that boasts Montessori international schools, Montessori bilingual kindergarten in major Chinese cities and a Montessori teacher training institute in Beijing.
Simply email firstname.lastname@example.org