Woodland Montessori School is the only Montessori school in Montana that is participating in the AMS Pathway of Continuous School Improvement. We have been established in the present location next to Woodland Park for over 40 years! We offer year-round Montessori education for ages two to Kindergarten plus before and after school care and a summer program to children from ages three through nine. Our school consists of four fully equipped classrooms and an extensive outdoor environment in the heart of Kalispell. We also host a Montessori teacher education program that is accredited by MACTE and affiliated with the American Montessori Society.
Work with the Administrator in the following areas:
Administrative: Supporting day to day operations of Woodland Montessori School; Greet families and staff; Answer phones and emails; Support enrollment and marketing efforts.
Teacher Education Program (TEP): Field questions about TEP and disseminate information to interested persons; process enrollment paperwork; maintain student files (record grades and progress); facilitate communication between director, educators and students; process certification paperwork.
Communications: Generate and distribute our weekly announcements; class newsletters; manage advertising and marketing.
The successful candidate will be warm, energetic, and articulate.
Additional qualifications and skills include:
- Minimum 2 years’ experience in front-line communication or administrative support role.
- A BA is preferred.
- Proficient in Adobe Creative Suite (In Design, Photoshop), MS Word, Excel, PowerPoint.
- Experience with web design/management (Weebly)
- Work experience in an educational institution and/or knowledge of Montessori philosophy and curriculum is preferred.
- Experience with online learning platforms preferred.
- Experience with Graphic Design preferred.
- A willingness to complete positive parenting/teaching sessions and Montessori Philosophy classes.
- Proven ability to organize and prioritize multiple tasks and meet deadlines.
- Strong customer service skills and experience.
- Must communicate effectively, both orally and in writing; impeccable strength in writing, including grammar.
- Work independently as well as collaboratively within a team environment.
- Establish and maintain effective working relationships.
- Knowledge of general office administration tasks.
- Attention to detail and high level of accuracy.
- Ability to deal with a variety of persons and situations requiring a high degree of courtesy and tact.
- Punctual, responsible, good sense of humor, and strong work ethic.
- Maintenance of all required standards set forth by state governing agencies or national Montessori organizations.
- Ability to maintain a high level of order and organization in busy environment.
We offer competitive salary, paid vacation and personal days, IRA and other benefits.
Please submit cover letter, resume and references (2 professional and 2 personal) to email@example.com