Wildflower Montessori is seeking an Extended Day teaching assistant for Fall 2020. In addition to authentic Montessori practice, we value a commitment to equity as well as creating a mindful, peaceful and deeply reflective environment. Openness to personal development, engagement in anti-bias education practices, and a commitment to professional evolution are also part of our ethos. Consistency has served our children and families well and we are now seeking equally committed and curious individuals to allow us to continue to grow.
The teacher assistant will be asked to help maintain the environment, prepare materials, learn and understand Massachusetts EEC (Early Education and Care) guidelines, and to work with an Extended Day Lead Teacher to help facilitate programming. We would also welcome a candidate who would be interested in taking on some administrative roles such as responding to email inquiries, scheduling observations, and maintaining the office. We are interested in candidates who have EEC qualifications or are willing to work towards earning them. Hours are 12-5:30 pm and pay is $20/hour.
Please visit our website at www.wildflowermontessorischool.org for more information about our school.
- Maintain a clean and safe learning environment
- Prepare materials
- Share roles and responsibilities with the Extended Day Lead Teacher
- Help adhere to schedules and routines set by Lead teachers
- Establish and maintain positive relationships with students and parents
- Maintain the health and safety of all students
- Adhere to Massachusetts EEC guidelines
- Interest in assisting in a summer program and/or vacation care
- Taking the lead on projects you are passionate about!
- EEC qualifications or willing to work towards EEC qualifications
- interest and willingness to learn about Montessori philosophy
- Previous experience in childcare, teaching, or other related fields a plus
- Passionate about working with children
- Ability to build rapport with children
- Skills in administrative tasks, or willingness to learn
- Willingness to go outside with children in New England weather