The Montessori Academy of Chicago provides a nurturing, authentic Montessori education, enriching the lives of Chicago’s modern families and students, from six weeks of age-the 8th Grade.
We are seeking enthusiastic and dedicated individuals to join our team of highly motivated educators within our Nursery and Primary Levels. Specifically, we’re hiring for Teacher’s Assistants to work in nursery (0-3) or primary (3-6) classrooms. We are seeking a nurturing, capable, self-starter willing to take command of the classroom in the afternoon hours. This is a full-time position, paid hourly.
If you are interested in applying for this position, send your resume and a cover letter in response to this posting.
Responsibilities and Duties
- Ensuring the safety and well-being of all students.
- Interacting positively in a friendly, calm, and nurturing manner with children.
- Classroom management and supervision.
- Encouraging and modeling social behavior and expectations appropriate to the age group.
- Preparing and serving snack, meals, or bottles.
- Maintaining respectful and courteous relationships with parents.
- Maintaining complete and accurate attendance records.
- Daily responsibilities include washing dishes, sanitizing materials, logging student routine information, and restocking supplies.
- Ensuring classroom is clean and orderly so that it is a prepared environment for the following school day.
Qualifications and Skills
- Applicants must be able to work Monday - Friday from 11am - 7:00pm.
- Applicants should have a minimum of 2 years experience working with young children. Some college is preferred.
- Full time employees are eligible for health, dental and short term disability insurance through the Academy.
- All employees are eligible for 401K with matching options.