Neshaminy Montessori, the leading Montessori-educational program in the Bucks County, PA area, has an opening for an AMI/AMS-certified Montessori Directress in its acclaimed teaching department. This opening is for the 2019-2020 school year.
Since 1970, we have prided ourselves on creating an educational environment in which thriving young children hone their math, sensorial, science, language, arts and practice life skills. The Montessori teacher’s role is that of a facilitator, mentor and friend. To that end, the Directress is responsible for consistently meeting responsibilities, deadlines and all-around expectations. Such responsibilities and qualifications are as follows.
- Guides, monitors and supervises varying groups of students using prescribed Montessori training and techniques
- Must adapt to needs of the students and community, maintaining a positive and constructive interaction with students as well as parents
- Provide nurturing and stimulating classroom to facilitate the children’s growth, exploration of subject matter and participation in school activities among fellow classmates
- Demonstrate a working knowledge and application of Montessori principles and philosophies, using a daily schedule based on prescribed Montessori ideals
- Encourage independence among students; divide classroom into four subjects fostering a distinguished environment for learning
- Spearhead the educational development in math, sensorial, science, language, arts and practice life skills
- Certification in AMS or AMI
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent in early education; master’s in education and Montessori teaching experience preferred
- Dedicated to the growth and development of children
- Expert in literacy, management, communication and teaching skills
- Passionate about teaching children and working in a team environment
- Strong tact and diplomacy; interacts with and works cooperatively with students, parents and Montessori staff
- Ability to prioritize, organize and plan work under own initiative
- Ability to communicate effectively, orally and in writing
- Initiative to develop and maintain communication and build relationship with parents and others.
- Qualified candidates will have experience working in a 3-6 Montessori classroom, a love for Montessori education and a respect for all children. The job will require excellent communication skills, the ability to work collaboratively, and the ability to think creatively.
E-mail firstname.lastname@example.org your resume and cover letter, sharing your teaching philosophy and explaining your inspiration for pursuing a career in teaching young students. A team member will contact you should we decide to pursue your application further.
Neshaminy Montessori and its sister school Trevose Day School are both EOE (Equal Opportunity Employers), and do not discriminate based on race, sex, color, creed, sexual orientation, national or ethnic origin, veteran or handicapped status during our hiring processes.