Drummond Montessori is an urban school that has reinvented itself. Building on its longstanding tradition (1893) in the Bucktown neighborhood, Drummond School is based on a time-tested philosophy that is usually reserved for private school education. In 2004, with federal funding, Drummond became the first public Montessori School in the City of Chicago — the largest urban district in the United States to embrace this challenge.
In early August 2004 Drummond opened our doors to three Early Childhood classrooms, comprised of 3, 4, and 5-year-old students. Due to high demand and local interest, our classrooms have grown from the original 3 to 13, accommodating students from pre-school to 8th grade.
We offer a full-day program for all students, beginning at the age of three. Our day begins at 8:30 a.m. and ends at 3:30 p.m. All 3- and 4-year-old children have a rest period in the afternoon while our 5-year-olds receive additional instruction with their teachers.
We are seeking an Upper Elementary Classroom Teacher (Four through sixth grade) to join our amazing team. For more information regarding the position, feel free to e-mail Principal Kittle at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- A Bachelor’s Degree, and valid Illinois State teaching certificate
- Experience working with diverse students and families, and a commitment for advocating for all children
- Growth mindset and belief that all children can learn and achieve at high levels
- Excellent relationship building and communication skills with adults and students alike
- Team player willing to roll up their sleeves to get the job done
- Ability to multi-task in a fast-paced, dynamic environment
- Ability to work independently and as a member of a team
- Excellent organizational, planning and implementation skills
- Excellent writing, communication and presentation skills