Elementary Montessori Classroom Assistant
Montessori School of Waukesha
Waukesha, WI 53188
Competitive salary and benefits package including:
Voluntary Life Insurance
401-K with company match
Discounted Child Care and Tuition
Paid Time Off –Vacation, Sick, Personal, Holidays
Elementary Classroom Assistant – Full Time
REPORTS TO: Executive Director
- Bachelor’s Degree in educational or related field preferred.
- Knowledge of and ability to articulate Montessori Philosophy and method of education.
- Knowledge of child development and educational concepts.
- Organizational abilities including self-direction.
- Ability to facilitate a parent-educator partnership.
- Ability to plan and implement group and individualized activities.
- Ability to provide a suitable match between assessment of the child and appropriate development of activities.
- Provide support to each child by reinforcing Lead Teacher introduced lessons.
- Help maintain an attractive, well-ordered, and prepared environment that appeals to the child.
- Assist in the preparation of materials designed to meet the needs and interests of children with varying abilities.
- Guide each child providing opportunities to choose, problem-solve, make decisions, and accept responsibility.
- Maintain proactive and responsive communication with Lead Teacher, children, parents, and other MSW employees.
- One to three years of experience in an educational environment with children ranging in ages six to twelve.
Job Type: Full Time