Founded in 1969, The Montessori Academy (TMA) is an ISACS and AMS accredited private school serving more than 200 children annually from age 18 months through grade 8 in Mishawaka, Indiana. Classes at The Montessori Academy are prepared according to the developmental characteristics of each age level. True of all employees at The Montessori Academy, our Lower Elementary Lead Teachers guide their students in accordance with Montessori philosophy and the mission of The Montessori Academy.
The Montessori Academy’s goal is mutual trust and friendly regard among all. As adults we model appropriate behavior, attitudes and feelings. Employees are expected to follow TMA’s guiding principles, policies and procedures.
TMA is looking for an engaging Lower Elementary Teacher who has the ability to connect with and inspire students. This caring and talented teacher will be knowledgeable, experienced and able to adapt to the learning methodology of individual students. The dynamic instructor will demonstrate the ability to guide students to developmental and educational goals. If you are this teacher and you are craving the opportunity to teach with autonomy and a child-centric approach, please contact TMA today.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
Teacher will have a minimum of a Bachelor’s degree and a Montessori Lower Elementary credential from either the American Montessori Society or the Association Montessori Internationale is preferred.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
(These are intended only as illustrations of the various types of work performed. The omission of specific duties does not exclude them from the position if the work is similar, related, or a logical assignment to the position.)
- Collaborate with Early Childhood and Lower Elementary teachers to ensure the developmental needs of each individual student are met and that proper preparations are made for the students’ successful move to Lower Elementary.
- Provide regular reports to the parents regarding the content presentations and instruction in the appropriate academic and social/emotional areas.
- Provide an end of year summary of the student’s experiences and accomplishments.
- Provide specific feedback to parents relevant to a child’s interest, particular talents and discoveries.
- Prepare and maintain the instructional space to reflect the qualities inherent in a Montessori prepared environment and the academic needs of a lower elementary student: appropriate materials, order, cleanliness, beauty, positive supportive atmosphere, respect for the environment and each other.
- Fulfill all preparation and instructional duties pertinent to area of specialty. Annual expenses are managed within the department budget and according to the school’s policies and procedures for approval and methods of ordering supplies and receiving reimbursement.
- Integrate current best practices in education with the Montessori approach to learning.
- Assist in the care of the Montessori environment throughout the school.
- Share the responsibility for the safety and physical well being of the children at all times.
- Participate in staff meetings, institute in-service sessions and professional enrichment workshops as scheduled by the Head of School.
- Support and participate in other school events per the Head of School.
Please send a cover letter and Resume/CV as well as contact information for 3 references to Randy Kelly, Head of School. email@example.com