Established since 1973, Brush Creek Montessori School is located on a beautiful 3-acre campus, and the only fully-affiliated, truly independent Montessori school in Sonoma County that extends from the toddler through upper elementary years. Its sense of peace and community is palpable. We have been nurturing and educating children in Sonoma County for over 40 years. Teachers, parents, Board members, staff and friends work together at BCMS to create a community of support for children as they grow. Our classrooms are cozy and calm, providing a “home away from home.” Brush Creek Montessori School helps children become creative, confident, capable, and kind. When children leave BCMS, they have learned to love to learn, and how to understand and take care of the world they encounter.
We are a community of trained educators who are driven by a deep desire to bring the best of Montessori education to their students. We support and empower a teacher’s deep desire as well as her/his vision to create a personalized classroom. We nurture our faculty to bring; through a spirit of generosity towards the Child, fresh ideas to the school. We believe that the future of education and human development is greatly benefited by Montessori. BCMS strives to meet the highest standards in all that we do.
About You: Our Ideal Candidate
- has a Montessori diploma for 5-6 , and preferably a bachelor’s degree
- has childcare experience and a passion for working with these ages
- has excellent creative writing and verbal communication skills
- loves to collaborate with parents and colleagues
- seeks continuous opportunities to grow as a person and educator
- Understands the importance of Teacher/Guide made materials, activities and
- Understands the importance of an impeccable, attractive physical and human
- Enthusiastic, adaptable, Guide who has a passion for working with children in the Primary Level
- Support & enhance the Vision for
- Support & respect the Culture of
- Maintain Montessori & AMS
- Become a trusted resource for
- Be a gentle and compassionate Parent
- Create an environment that is: beautiful and well thought-out.
- Maintain all records assigned to the Guide: Attendance, Daily Observations, Class/Progress Records, Family Communications,
- A trustworthy bridge between your classroom, school, and
- Strong team player, partnering when needed with other teachers to ensure that the school fosters an environment that is inviting and welcoming for every child both indoor and
- Manage day-to-day classroom activities, including Montessori lessons, art, free play, bathroom breaks, lunch and snack, and daily nap-time for children.
- Train Assistants when working with
- Develop a best practice plan when working together in class with another Montessori
Requirements For All Positions:
- TB Negative Test
- Proof of Physical Exam in the past 2
- Live-Scan and criminal record
- First Aid/CPR
- Must be currently authorized to work in the United
- Provide 3 previous employer’s
- Must be able to show evidence of 12 ECE credits, or proof of 6 and enrollment in 2+more
- Must be able to lift, bend, be
What You Can Expect:
- A competitive salary and compensation package, including paid time off, holidays and tuition
- Complete set of Montessori Materials for classroom
- Paid sick leave
- Professional development opportunities unique to each employee’s career path and interests, including in- house training, sponsorship for Montessori training, Positive Discipline training, stipends for AMS Refresher Courses, and more
- A wonderful community that includes passionate and supportive educators from around the world, regular mentor-ship and opportunities for professional growth, and fun monthly social events and community
- An hour plus daily paid cleaning/prep-time.
- Beautiful, safe and healthy working
This role is a great opportunity to work and grow in an established school with a great reputation. We believe and support that having a healthy home work life balance helps you be the best teacher you can be.
If you love children, to follow children and watch with joy as they leap from points of readiness to mastery and have been looking for the right opportunity to grow, join our school community by sending: Cover Letter & CV to firstname.lastname@example.org Subject: Head Teacher Employment