Jarrow Montessori School
56 YEARS OF NURTURING THE HUMAN SPIRIT
LEAD PRIMARY TEACHER JOB
Jarrow Montessori School nurtures the development of the whole child through quality Montessori education. Our community supports each child’s joyful discovery of self in the journey to becoming a confident lifelong learner and compassionate citizen.
Jarrow Montessori is located in Boulder Colorado "named as the happiest place in the U.S.
Jarrow Montessori, the oldest Montessori School in Colorado, and a fully accredited AMS school is seeking a dynamic and experienced lead toddler teacher. We are seeking passionate applicants who are Montessori trained and certified. Please see our job description below. Provide a cover letter and a recent resume.
The academic school year begins 8/10/20.
Create and maintain a Montessori learning environment:
• Design classroom space that is beautiful, well maintained, safe for the age group using it, and responsive to changing needs of the children
• Supervise and direct assistant as appropriate
• Design and implement appropriate daily routines with attention paid to transition times and the functioning of other groups within the school, to provide predictability for the children and flexibility when appropriate
• Provide a setting in which children feel safe to express independence, authentic emotions within safe limits, and creative expression
• Learn and adhere to Montessori principles, and act with awareness of school and classroom routines and practices
Oversee the growth and development of a specific group of children:
• Record daily observations and solicit information from other staff members
• Review records regularly and plans for anticipated needs of each child
• Communicate with Jarrow parents as required, but limited to informal contacts, parent conferences, written parent reports
• Initiate a proactive manner of communicating with the parents
• Communicate information about children through the appropriate channels
Contribute to Jarrow Montessori School community:
• Participate in all school and parent functions [as outlined by Principal]
• Serve as a role model for assistants in punctuality, commitment, and involvement at Jarrow as an effective team leader, guide adults on the team in
Montessori awareness and professional development:
• Attend and participate actively at all staff meetings and professional development meetings
• Complete annual professional development hours
Be responsible for all other duties as assigned
The compensation package is competitive; includes salary, health, dental, retirement, tuition remission, and sick/personal days.
Send resume and cover letter to Mercedes Dugan,