We are currently looking for assistant teachers at our Montessori School in Sugar Land. Our school has the best-in-class facility and the best staff both of which provide an enjoyable environment for both our parents and our employees . You will teach and care for children up to age 5, helping them build self - esteem and a love for learning.
MUST BE AVAILABLE UNTIL 6:30
Assistant Teacher duties include, but are not limited to the obligations to:
- Assist in the maintenance and cleanliness of classroom and all shared spaces at school.
- Ensure gym and eating areas are clean before leaving for the day
- Demonstrate the ability to relate joyfully to children.
- Exhibit emotional maturity and stability.
- Be responsible for the safety and physical well-being of all students in your charge at all times.
- Demonstrate appropriate and professional behaviors at all times when in the school building, during classroom outdoor times, and whenever you are in the surrounding school neighborhood. Be proactive when others are not demonstrating appropriate behaviors.
- Address all school (parent, child, team) issues immediately.
- Be in attendance at all Assistant staff meetings and parent meetings as requested by Director or Lead Teacher.
- Inform the Lead teacher of any information given to you by a parent.
- Follow the classroom schedule consisting of a fair and equitable distribution of job responsibilities for all adults to follow.
- Assist and guide all substitute teachers working in your classroom. Inform the Lead teacher and administration if the substitute teacher needs additional assistance.
- Assist Lead teacher in the recording of observations on children in the classroom using the required record keeping system provided by the school.
- Assist in creating age appropriate activities (both indoor and outdoor) for children daily
- Report any and all accidents immediately and prepare a written report stating the date, time, and nature of the accident and the action taken.
- Child Abuse—any incident of unexplained bruises, cuts, burns, etc., or any suspected child abuse should be reported to the Director.
- Follow all School policies and procedures as stated in the Employee Handbook and the School's Rules and Regulations, as presently existing or as may hereafter be amended.
- Follow all standards in accordance with Texas Minimum Standards
- Any additional duties as determined by the Director of the school.
- The job includes, but are not limited to these areas.