Early Childhood Montessori Lab School Head Teacher and Montessori Teaching Professor
Xavier University Montessori Institute and Lab School
College of Professional Sciences-School of Education-Montessori Program
Xavier University is currently seeking an Early Childhood Montessori Lab School Head Teacher and Teaching Professor for the Montessori Institute and Laboratory School. This University faculty position is responsible for creating and maintaining a dynamic three to six classroom founded in Montessori philosophy, serving the children's unique nature, and reflecting the practices of the Montessori Teacher Education Program. The candidate will be required to teach one college level course per academic year for the School of Education. Other responsibilities include school community development, supporting Montessori Institute initiatives, serving as a Montessori liaison for the greater community both nationally and internationally, collaborating in campus efforts, supervising field experiences, and demonstrating effective instructional practices. The candidate will be able to demonstrate a thorough knowledge of Montessori philosophy and material efficacy, curriculum development, lesson planning, observation/record keeping systems and communication skills, including parent communication.
- Minimum five years teaching experience in a Montessori Early Childhood classroom
- American Montessori Society Early Childhood Credential (3-6)
- Master of Education earned by January 1, 2021.
- State of Ohio teaching license or the willingness to complete courses to transfer another state licensure.
- Ability to work with diverse groups
- Experience presenting to an adult audience
- Computer skills that include the ability to use both Macintosh and PC computers. Candidates should be able to use Power Point, Microsoft Word, Google Docs, digital database systems and record keeping.
- Strong communication skills both written and verbal
We are strongly committed to enhancing equity, inclusion, and diversity. These values are central to our mission. Candidates who have worked with a diverse range of faculty, staff, and students and who can contribute to our mission of inclusivity are encouraged to identify their experiences and interests. Xavier University is an EO/AA employer.
To ensure consideration, interested candidates should submit a resume, cover letter, and the names, addresses and telephone numbers of three professional references on Xavier University’s website by Thursday, June 18, 2020.