Montessori Corner Schools is a leading provider of Montessori education in the West Windsor, NJ area. We currently invite applicants to apply. A Montessori Toddler Teacher creates, manages and participates in a variety of learning environments and activities that provide opportunities for students to develop to their fullest potential and achieve their learning objectives. They participate collaboratively and professionally with other teachers and staff to promote the general well-being of the school, and collective/individual interest of its staff and student body.
- Fully implements the Montessori curriculum in accordance with directives and guidelines for implementation, demonstrates understanding of school’s educational programs (e.g. Classroom environment, student work bulletin boards, parent communications boards, classroom management, parent reports, assessments, center management, etc.).
- Utilizes Montessori curriculum planning, including Practical Life, Sensorial, Academic (Language/Literacy and Math), and the Cultural Subjects (Science, Art, Music, Health, Geography, and History) and ensures access and equity.
- Acknowledges and encourages diversity and varying viewpoints by providing images and experiences that reflects the local and global communities.
- Uses circle time and Montessori materials according to lesson plans and varies the instructional materials used including contextual, supplemental, teaching bulletin boards, teacher-constructed, audio-visual, activity-based, hands-on, discovery, puzzles/games and tactile.
- Assesses developmental needs of children and works to incorporate individual students’ learning, physical and emotional needs through providing a variety of materials and activities that encourage children to explore their environment and develop social skills, problem-solving skills and new ways of thinking.
- Maintains accurate and timely educational assessments and progress portfolios for all students assigned.
- Utilizes Montessori supplemental materials as required by specific classroom or program.
- Maintains professional development requirement for Montessori Certification Standards (AMS or MACTE)
- Maintains licensure requirements as dictated by local or state guidelines.
- Actively participates in on-going professional development as required by SEG management and operations.
ESSENTIAL SKILLS & EXPERIENCE:
- Montessori (AMS or MACTE) Toddler (Ages 18 months through 3 years) certified.
- Bachelor’s Degree e with at least a 2.5 GPA (Degree in ECE preferred).
- Meets minimum preparation and experience required for certification as a Montessori Toddler Education Teacher.
- Complies with all state education and licensing standards, and maintains validation of credentials for the position (i.e. Professional development).
- 2+ years of experience in a Toddler Montessori classroom in a licensed early childhood development center.
- Montessori Toddler Intern will be considered
- Strong organizational skills.
- Must be 18 years of age or older.
The company is an Equal Opportunity Employer. M/F/D/V encouraged to apply.*