Nature Walk Montessori School is dedicated to the Montessori philosophy and method of teaching with a strong focus on environmental education and sustainable living. We are proud to offer an exceptional education program with a strong environmental component. Our 10 acre campus, consisting of conservation land and two buildings specially designed to meet the needs of our students, allow us to provide a natural, safe, and stimulating learning environment. As an eco-school, Nature Walk promotes the children’s close interaction with their natural surroundings so they may develop a strong social and environmental consciousness.
We are seeking a qualified and experienced Elementary Lead Teacher. The Elementary Teacher will be responsible for leading a mixed-age first through sixth grade classroom and implementing the Montessori Elementary Curriculum within the framework of Cosmic Education. The Elementary Teacher will work in collaboration with our Children’s House and Adolescent Teachers under the supervision of the Head of School. The ideal candidate should be willing to embrace Earth education and stewardship. This position is full-time, five days per week with planned staff meetings and school events after hours.
Skills and Qualifications:
- AMS, AMI or other MACTE accredited Montessori Certification in the 6-12 level
- Minimum of Bachelor’s Degree, preferably in the areas of Education, Environmental Sciences, or related.
- Three years experience as an Early Childhood or Elementary Teacher in a Montessori setting.
- Three Professional/Personal references.
- Fingerprint and Background Check.
- Adult and Infant CPR/First Aid certification.
- Willing to embrace Earth education and stewardship.
- High comfort level with current and new technology and willingness to incorporate technology in the classroom.
- Punctuality, dependability, patience, and an eagerness to learn.
- Must have a start-up mentality and be eager to help our growing programs.
Responsibilities as a Lead Teacher:
- Implement an authentic Montessori curriculum.
- Develop and implement individualized/differentiated learning plans in order to meet the cognitive, social, emotional and spiritual growth of each child in the class. Implement strategies and accommodations to support student learning. Provide students with timely, clear and constructive feedback.
- Work with students of all abilities assigned to their classroom, including those with learning disabilities, and participate in meetings, trainings, and planning sessions to meet any special needs students' requirements.
- Build meaningful, respectful relationships with each child while fostering a nurturing and stimulating non-competitive environment. Role model social skills and classroom behavior expectations appropriate to the age group.
- Help students through self-directed activities, allowing them to develop at their own pace.
- Prepare and maintain a clean and orderly Montessori environment.
- Create, rotate, edit and introduce materials to meet the needs and interests of the students.
- Maintain complete and ongoing written, anecdotal records of observations and lessons, student portfolios, photos, videos, assessments and progress monitoring for each child in your class.
- Supervise and/or guide outdoor activities in all kinds of weather.
What we offer:
- Health, dental and vision insurance
- Paid time off
- Ongoing professional development
- A network of supportive peers and mentors
- Career growth
- First Aid and CPR
If you love nature and would like to work in a stimulating and supportive environment, consider submitting your resume.