POSITION: Children’s House Teacher Assistant
Description: Willow Oak Montessori is a collaborative community of professionals passionate about engaging every child in an inspirational and equitable individualized learning journey. The Teacher Assistant will be eager to take their cues from the Lead Teacher, and will take initiative in offering assistance where it is needed most, with the ultimate goal of helping to ensure that our school is a safe, happy, and comfortable place for all students to learn.
- Assist the Lead Teacher in observing the classroom to ensure that the students remain peacefully engaged throughout the work cycle.
- Support children in completing their Montessori works, as trained and directed by the Lead Teacher.
- Assist children with social and personal hygiene skills, as needed.
- Share any observations regarding student development with the Lead Teacher.
- Model integrity, curiosity, responsibility, creativity and respect for all persons, as well as an appreciation for racial, cultural and family diversity.
- Organize snack schedule and communicate snack needs to assigned families on a weekly basis.
- Actively participate in staff meetings.
- Interact in a professional and positive manner with other staff members and parents.
- Comply with Willow Oak Montessori’s Confidentiality and Conflict of Interest policies.
- Comply with all policies and procedures included in the WOM personal policies and Family Handbook.
Employment Classification: Instructional Support
Contract Type: Part Time; Hourly
Position Reports To: Lead Teacher
- High School Degree
- Adaptable, Proactive, and Positive Nature
- Availability that corresponds to scheduled classes
- Basic understanding of and interest in the Montessori philosophy
- Current CPR/First Aid certification (will help in obtaining)
- Associates or Bachelors Degree
- Teaching License/Certificate
- CPR and/or First Aid certification
- Previous Montessori experience
- Applicants who have experienced oppression, discrimination, or other adversity in their lives who are willing to bring insights from those experiences to our team