Head of School
Head of School for a school consisting of Nido (up to 18 months), Toddler (up to 3 years), and Primary (up to 6 years) students.
Are you dedicated to delivering a premium educational experience for the next generation of learners?
Can you motivate and support Montessori leads igniting the “spark” in the classroom that leads to a lifelong love of learning?
If this is you, we want you on our STEAMspark Montessori Experience team.
Inspiring both students and staff with proven and successful leadership experience, the Head of School drives the educational programming and professional development at STEAMspark Montessori Experience.
Role and Responsibilities
- Spearhead the development, implementation, and evaluation of programs and services that support the school's mission, vision, and strategic goals.
- Shape implementation of the Montessori philosophy and curriculum for a multi-age learning environment.
- Drive initiatives for a peaceful school environment aligned with the school's mission and vision for faculty, staff, and students.
- Interview and select qualified faculty and staff. Secure professional development and growth opportunities for all staff.
- Increase student admission and retention through solid relationships built with prospective/current parents and community members.
- Establish and maintain open and effective communication channels with parents, staff, and community leaders.
- Conduct observations and formal evaluations; recommend supplemental training for faculty and staff as needed.
- Ensure program quality is maintained, and classrooms are equipped with appropriate materials with the Chief Learning Officer (CLO).
- Coach Montessori leads to build targeted learning plans with Montessori Guides based on student achievement data.
- Provide resources, including technology, designed to promote the students' physical, social, and emotional development.
Campus & Community Relations
- Ensure the safety of all students, faculty, and visitors to campus.
- Oversee safety training and procurement and distribution of PPE materials and thermometers.
- Adhere to all state licensing requirements.
- 3+ years’ experience as a head of school or principal
- Master’s degree or higher from an accredited institution
- SBEC Principal’s Certification
- Demonstrated successful leadership experience within a school setting
- Montessori administrator credential from a MACTE accredited center and/or experience
- Credentialed as a Montessori Guide or experience with the Montessori philosophy and curriculum
About our Organization
STEAMspark Montessori Experience is committed to:
- Preparing students to become top academic performers throughout their education.
- Positioning them to take on more advanced courses in secondary school.
- Enabling them to pursue higher education opportunities successfully.
Igniting a passion for learning at an early age, our Montessori driven, STEAM integrated, age-appropriate, highly interactive curricula taught by Montessori credentialed* and certified educators* dedicated to our students.
All our educators at STEAMspark are dual certified American Montessori Society and Texas Education Agency (TEA) State Board of Educator Certification (SBEC)
Commensurate with experience and qualifications.
Able to lift at least 25 pounds.