With Dr. Maria Montessori’s research-based philosophy and curriculum as our foundation, we provide toddlers to adolescents an authentic, individualized learning experience that cultivates an unparalleled depth of knowledge. The Head Lower Elementary Teacher has the unique opportunity to work with an exceptional team of professionals to elevate this well-established, highly loved and respected school to heights that ensure both its longevity and continued wide-spread impact. Gladwyne Montessori is the education of the future… Here. Now.
This is a 10-month, full time position that boasts comprehensive benefits and a salary commensurate with experience.
The Head Lower Elementary Teacher:
• Skillfully delivers the Montessori Elementary I curriculum as defined by American Montessori Society
• Regularly completes student observations and online record keeping for each child
• Supervises his/her teacher assistant to ensure he/she is contributing to the peaceful, prepared environment which is conducive to high-level, developmentally appropriate learning that supports the executive function skills of each child
• Conducts parent meetings and writes meaningful reports twice annually and as needed
• Works with other members of the Elementary Department and Senior Leadership to ensure continuity of curriculum and communication
• Engages children in peaceful, effective positive behavior support.
• Reads and abides by the policies and procedures of Gladwyne Montessori School.
• Assists in duties beyond the classroom as requested by Head of School.
• Must be able to:
o relate joyfully to children
o teach effectively online as necessary
o lift up to 35 pounds
o sit comfortably on the floor with children
o bend, squat, kneel with ease
o Move and organize classroom tables and chairs, move about the building as needed
• AMS 6-9 Certification Required
• Must have a minimum of 3-years of experience working with children in a Montessori environment and at least one of those years working as a Montessori classroom head teacher.
• Must have Bachelor’s degree or higher in Education or related discipline
• Must have knowledge of minimum standards, health and safety practices, social and emotional development and classroom management
• Must be reliable, flexible, positive, patient, warm and enthusiastic about working as part of a team of adults and engaging with families
• Must pass all required clearances
Comprehensive benefits and compensation commensurate with experience
Interested candidates should send cover letter, resume, 3 letters of reference and an educational philosophy statement to:
Carrie Kries, Head of School