Summary of job: This position requires a love and respect of children, patience and kindness. The Lead Classroom Teacher is responsible for planning and implementing a Montessori program in the classroom consistent with the School themes and Montessori principles. The Lead Classroom Teacher is responsible for the safety and well-being of the children in her class, and care of the materials, equipment and furniture. She is also responsible for communications with the parents of the children in her class in connection with child-specific issues.
• Adhere to Cherry Hill Montessori and safety policies and procedures, including those set forth in the Parent Handbook and Employee Handbook.
• Be familiar with the New Jersey Department of Human Services Manual of Requirements for Child Care Center.
• Be knowledgeable with Montessori terminology and methods.
• Dress professionally and appropriately for school and all school functions.
• Behave professionally and appropriately with regard to all personnel issues.
• Arrive to school on time and remain at school until the time specified by Director.
• Attend Back to School Night and all school-sponsored events outside of regular school hours.
• Complete and keep records of the required courses taken for staff development hours each year.
• Accept assignments to other areas of building as required by Director.
• Be familiar with and capable of implementing emergency procedures.
• Monitor and be aware of all special medical and allergy needs of children and alert Director if special medicines are not available.
• Implement all instructions provided by Director or Head of Curriculum.
negotiable with experience
Please submit your resume to email@example.com.
There is a possibility that this position could be 12 months, but for now, it is an academic position.