The T.E.C. Schools is seeking a part time Spanish teacher to teach students in Kindergarten to grade six in a mixed-age Montessori environment. As a foreign language teacher, you will work once a week with the students to bring enriching experiences, engage students in Spanish conversations, and teach reading, writing and grammar skills. You will also work closely with the classroom teachers to complement the Montessori curriculum with high-quality, state-of-the-art, hands-on programs.
Overview of the Position:
The Spanish Teacher has an important role in ensuring that students develop a love for a new language. At T.E.C. we believe that students flourish when they are engaged in hands-on approach. The teacher is responsible for implementing The T.E.C. curriculum, making materials, and maintaining a culture of excellence in the classroom. The applicant must be able to integrate the Montessori curriculum with the Spanish lessons, achieve set goals, work independently, take direction, incorporate feedback, and play an integral role in the success of T.E.C. Schools.
Essential Responsibilities and Duties of the Spanish Teacher:
The role of a Spanish Teacher is to inspire students to learn a new language and direct students’ activities academically, spiritually, emotionally, and physically in a prepared Montessori environment. The activities should challenge each child to reach his/her fullest potential in their developmental areas, in accordance with the Montessori philosophy and procedures for the various age groups.
- Understand and promote the school’s mission, objectives, and policies in a positive and supportive manner
- Develop and maintain a strong command of the Spanish curriculum and implement The T.E.C. School’s Curriculum/ Scope & Sequence that integrates S.T.E.A.M. projects and community partnerships
- Ensure the welfare, safety and educational achievements of students
- Perform tasks necessary to maintain a safe, clean, orderly and attractive environment including upkeep and inventory of materials
- Work with students of various abilities assigned to your classroom, including those diagnosed with learning differences.
- Complete and maintain all records, reports, evaluations, inventories, student records and tests in a timely manner as may be required by the school
- Model a respectful tone within the school community
- Complete CPR and First Aid Training and attend appropriate faculty meetings and in-service day and participate in the annual professional evaluation and review process
- Attend and participate in school functions that support the school and your program
Skills, Experience and Qualities of the Ideal Candidate:
- Innovative and experienced educator with a Spanish teaching certification, and is knowledgeable or willing to learn about Montessori Philosophy and S.T.E.A.M. education
- Be experienced and proactive in working with a collaborative team, while demonstrating effective written and verbal skills in various methods of communication.
- Possess strong organizational skills and be flexible to adapt to the ever evolving needs of a start-up school.
- Be a goal-oriented individual who continues to model lifelong learning by committing to professional development.
- Be able to lift boxes and materials and move shelves, tables, chairs while organizing spaces
Salary and Benefits: The T.E.C. Schools offers competitive salary based on the candidate’s experience. We offer attractive benefits including paid time off as soon as 90 days of employment, vacation, holiday pay, a great tuition discount, WAM membership, and a performance bonus.