At Mission Montessori, our mission is to help each child become a passionate member of the human community who is confident, creative, and flourishing. We take our mission to heart with a supportive school culture and commitment to high quality Montessori.
We are seeking an Infant and Toddler Program Director to work closely with our Head of School, overseeing our year-round Montessori infant and toddler programs, providing leadership and teacher support, working with parents, and ensuring quality programming in our Infant and Toddler classrooms. It’s a wonderful role for a passionate Montessorian interested in helping lead and supporting a teaching team.
Our Ideal Candidate:
- has a Bachelor’s degree and a Montessori 0-3 diploma
- has 5+ years of classroom experience
- has experience managing a team
- has excellent organizational and communication skills
- values honest and compassionate communication with colleagues
- engages enthusiastically with their peers as members of the same team
- seeks continuous opportunities to learn and grow as a person and educator
*We’ll be thrilled if you also speak Spanish!
What You Would Be Doing:
- supporting infant and toddler teachers through classroom observations, regular check-ins and communication, training and mentorship, goal-setting, and yearly reflections.
- ensuring high-quality implementation of Montessori principles and best practices for child development at the infant and toddler stages. Guide teachers to find the best schedule, physical environment, and overall approach to child interaction for our infants and toddlers to flourish.
- helping establish standards of communication for teachers so that parents feel informed about their child’s education and care. Maintain active communication with parents to troubleshoot when a parent has questions the teachers cannot address.
- working with our Head of School and leadership team to provide support as needed, including stepping into classrooms and working some evenings and weekends for admissions, community, and parent education events.
- as a member of our campus leadership team, promoting and living our culture and values on campus and among our community.
What You Can Expect:
- a competitive salary for the Bay Area
- paid medical, dental, and vision insurance
- paid sick leave, PTO, paid breaks, and paid holidays
- reimbursement for relocation expenses
- tuition discounts
- a 401(K)
- visa sponsorship
- a variety of professional development opportunities unique to each employee’s career path and interests, including in-house training, sponsorship for Montessori training, positive discipline training, and more
- a wonderful community that includes passionate and supportive educators from around the world and fun monthly social events
If this sounds like the right fit for you, we encourage you to learn more and apply at: www.missionmontessori.org/join-our-team