Part-Time Ceramics Teacher
The Ceramics teacher develops and implements a developmentally appropriate ceramics curriculum for students in 6th-8th grade. This is a part-time position, which will run from December 9, 2019 to March 13, 2020. Ceramics class is offered Monday, Tuesday, Thursday, and Friday from 11:00-11:50am. The Ceramics Teacher must be able to attend weekly Visual and Performing Arts (VAPA) team meetings as well as monthly all-school meetings, during the second trimester of the school year when ceramics is in session.
- Degree in Ceramics, Art Education, or related field
- Teaching experience with elementary through middle school students
- Knowledge of hand-built and wheel-thrown ceramics
- Knowledge of kilns and how to bisque and glaze fire ceramics
- Ability to think creatively, work collaboratively
- Strong communicator with students, teachers, administrators, and parents
- A sense of humor and good classroom management skill
- Develop and implement a developmentally appropriate curriculum for students in 6-8th grade
- Teach 4 classes a week 6-8 grade (1 hour prep)
- Order all ceramic supplies and fire kilns as needed
- Install ceramics exhibition at the end of the Trimester
- Complete checkboxes and goals for students at the end of Trimester II
- Attend one team meeting per week
- Prepare an annual statement of goals and objectives
Brooklyn Heights Montessori School has an institutional commitment to the principles of diversity. In that spirit, BHMS is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, creed, color, gender, sexual orientation, age, physical challenge, national or ethnic origin, ancestry or any other characteristic.
To apply for this position, visit http://employment.bhmsny.org and click on the "Ceramics Teacher" link to submit your resume and application.