The Christian Montessori School of Lake Norman is searching for an energetic leader and educator to become its next Head of School. The Head of School will oversee the school’s continued growth while sustaining its distinctively Christian Montessori identity and its culture of academic excellence.
At the Christian Montessori School of Lake Norman, we seek to provide our students with a Montessori education that celebrates the individual gifts of each child, nurtures a passion for learning biblical principles, and equips them for academic excellence and Christian discipleship.
ABOUT THE SCHOOL
Originally founded in 1995 as the Charlotte Montessori School-Lake Norman, the Christian Montessori School of Lake Norman is a private, non-profit Christian institution open to all children regardless of race, creed, color, or national origin. Since 2004, the school has adopted its Christian identity, fostering both the academic and the spiritual development of children. The school is chartered and licensed by the state of North Carolina and is a full member of the American Montessori Society. It is one of only a handful of Christian Montessori schools in the southeastern region of the United States.
As of September 2021, our school is made up of 60 students and 14 faculty and staff members. We are experiencing a large increase in demand and we project comprehensive growth.
The school is housed on twenty acres of picturesque country farm land in Huntersville, North Carolina, convenient to Interstate I-77 and just minutes from Charlotte.
CMSLN’s next Head of School will:
- be a passionate and professional educator who will support the school’s educational philosophy and will ensure that the school’s mission, vision, and goals are effectively implemented
- be ultimately responsible for all administrative decisions at the school involving staffing, health and safety, finances, student services, day-to-day operations, etc.
- work with the leadership team to support the growth and continuous improvement of the school
- facilitate strategic and long-term planning in conjunction with the Board of Directors
- work with members of the leadership team to strengthen key metrics and processes at the school including admissions, marketing, and fundraising
Competitive total benefits and compensation package commensurate with experience.
- Bachelor’s degree in education-related field
- 2+ years of experience as a school administrator (head of school, director of operations, program director, principal, vice principal, etc.)
- Strong leadership, excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Experience with developing strategic plans for growth
- Experience with fundraising planning and implementation
- Passion for Montessori pedagogy and Christian education
Classroom teaching experience in early education
Interested candidates should submit:
- A cover letter explaining their interest and qualifications
- A resume
- A list of 3-5 references
Please send materials to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Application review will begin on October 1, 2021 until the position is filled.