You're looking for something special. Not a job, but an opportunity! A place that honors Maria Montessori's devotion to children of all ages. A place that supports and respects adult learners. A place to call home.
Lupine Montessori School is a non profit community living by example in supporting sustainability, promoting peace and the standards of AMS.
In just two years we have grown from 11 students to over 50! We are looking for passionate people to join our team to fill our new positions in adolescent/secondary and elementary assistant or co-teacher. We're worth the look! www.lupinemontessori.org. Email firstname.lastname@example.org for details.
We are seeking a full-time Associate or Assistant Teacher to join our current Elementary staff for the 2019-2020 school year. The Associate (certified) or Assistant (non-certified) will work collaboratively with the Head Teacher to observe, plan and implement the Lupine curriculum consistent with the Montessori Method and principles. This position is a 40 hour per week position from 8am to 4pm and will report to the classroom Head Teacher.
The Montessori, Elementary environment provides children the freedom of choice within limits while developing independence with increased daily responsibilities. The adults in the room must be patient, consistent, and above all they must trust the Montessori Philosophy. Our goal is to foster creative, critical thinkers who serve their community. To do this we must give the students we serve a safe environment where they feel comfortable to take risks, where a resolution is reached when conflicts arise, and peaceful role modeling with an emphasis on community and inclusion. It is purposeful work with unmeasurable rewards.
- Establish meaningful, respectful relationships with each child working toward the goal of independence.
- Assist in preparing and maintaining a clean and orderly Montessori environment in which the furnishings and materials are complete, appealing and appropriate to the needs of the age group.
- Assist students in planning their day, reading and editing written work and correcting of math facts
- Monitoring Practical Life activities in the kitchen: cutting, peeling, baking
- Classroom management: supporting with daily transitions as well as supporting student led classroom jobs
- Spend up to one hour a day outdoors when weather allows
- Share your passions with our community
Education and Experience Requirements include:
- A Bachelor’s degree in required (Associate Teacher)
- At least two years of teaching experience is required. Experience in a Montessori setting is a plus.
- Teacher certification or training (i.e. Montessori Certification or Professional Educator License) Required for Associate Teacher; Assistants do not need certification
- Excellent observation, interpersonal, active listening, verbal and written communication, organizational, and prioritization skills are essential.
- Must have basic skills in differentiation and class management.
Salary commensurate with experience.
For consideration, please send your cover letter and resume and list of references to email@example.com with the subject line identifying the position of interest.