How to Register Your School or Organization
Posting jobs on the AMS website is a substantial benefit for our organizational members. To post, you must be a valid member of The American Montessori Society.
If you are interested in becoming a member, please contact Brittany Emilio or call us at 212-358-1250.
For Montessori schools, AMS membership is a way to endorse and engage with the world’s foremost proponent of quality Montessori education. Member schools also benefit from a host of support services, from discounts on professional development events to prominent listings on our Web site. School membership is available to any Montessori school that agrees to comply with the AMS Code of Ethics.
Benefits of Membership
AMS school membership includes the following services and opportunities:
Effective Management Tools
- Heads of Schools ListServer – an easy way to reach colleagues with questions, comments, ideas.
- AMS Prism– an e-mail newsletter delivered right to your inbox.
- Salary & Tuition Surveys – valuable data from surveys of teachers and administrators in AMS member schools.
Exposure to a Broad Audience
- Inclusion in our online school directory – a valuable resource for parents.
- Complimentary employment listings on our Web site and at our conferences.
- Opportunities to have your school featured in our quarterly magazine Montessori Life, as well as in our e-newsletter and on our Facebook page.
- Representation by AMS at regional meetings and educational conferences throughout the U.S.
Professional & Educational Development
- AMS Webinars, conferences, and retreats provide valuable training, plus opportunities to earn continuing education units and professional development hours.
- Members may collaborate with teacher education programs through sponsorship and internships.
- Member schools are eligible for AMS accreditation, a hallmark of quality Montessori instruction.
Leadership on behalf of the Montessori Community
- Representation at the United Nations, Council for American Private Education (CAPE), National Council for Private School Accreditation (NCPSA), Montessori Accreditation Council for Teacher Education (MACTE), and other coalitions that advocate for children and education.
- Active support of Montessori research, including resources, grants, and opportunities for disseminating research results.
- Voting rights in AMS elections to help shape the future of Montessori education. (Initiate schools may not vote).
- A subscription to our quarterly magazine, Montessori Life.
- Discounts on AMS brochures and other publications.
- 5% discount on purchases from Nienhuis Montessori USA, the world’s leading supplier of Montessori materials and furniture.
- Discounted rates for participation in Simple Simon, an online payment processing program designed specifically for schools.
- 25% discount from Gardener's Supply Company. E-mail your order and mention code YCDS1012.
- Access for school employees to insurance plans specially designed for educators, including professional liability insurance, auto & home coverage, term life and disability insurance, and individual and group health plans.
If you are already a member, please Log In.