Children’s House Assistant
Greenspring Montessori School is seeking a Children’s House Classroom Assistant. The right candidate is a loving, experienced, and mature leader interested in supporting authentic Montessori practice.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Prepare the classroom environment
- Manage the “flow” of the classroom
- Support children in their own resolution of conflicts and concerns
- Be a role model for children in speech, tone, demeanor, and actions
- Serve as a record keeper of the work children are engaged in and children’s social interactions
- Help set up for nap and lunch
- Supervise recess
- Support dismissal
- Assist with cleaning
- Assist with toileting
- Serve the needs of the children and community
- \Have an understanding of and deep appreciation for Montessori education
- Have a great love for working with young children
- Have a strong work ethic
- Actively seek professional growth and development
- Be a team player
- Be solution-oriented
- Be seeking a long-term position
- Be excited to join the Greenspring Montessori School community!
This is a 10-month, full-time position. Occasional evening and weekend work may be required as job duties demand. Benefits for full-time employees include health, dental, paid sick days and holidays, and tuition remission for qualified dependents.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
- Pass a background check
- Have OCC qualifications for preschoolers
- Have previous experience with preschoolers
During first year of employment:
- Attend a Greenspring Montessori training workshop for new assistants
- Review Assistants’ manual
- Review assigned Montessori books, articles, and videos
After one year of employment:
- Attend an assistants’ training course offered by an accredited Montessori training program (expense to be paid by the school)
Authorization to work in the United States is a pre-condition of employment at Greenspring Montessori School.
If you are interested in this position, please email your resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org.