Director of Finance and Operations
The Director of Finance and Operations is responsible for supervising the business functions of Cambridge Montessori School (CMS). This person will be responsible for day-to-day operations of the Business Office and also administers specific financial and personnel policies which support the School.
The Director of Finance and Operations works with the Head of School and Board of Trustees to develop innovative solutions to challenges in the areas of financial strategies, financial analysis, reporting and information dissemination to management, use of appropriate systems and technology, and cost-effective use of resources.
The Director of Finance and Operations reports directly to the Head of School. This person will work closely with the Leadership Team, all teachers, and office staff in order to maximize effectiveness of the Business Office to fulfill the school’s mission. The DFO will supervise other Business Office employees and volunteers.
- Perform accounting functions including accounts payable, accounts receivable, tuition, purchasing and financial reporting
- Establish and maintain proper policies, processes and procedures to safeguard all assets, assure proper approvals and provide complete audit trails
- Prepare financial statements in accordance with GAAP
- Provide checks and balances for organization by signing all checks
- Coordinate audit and tax requirements
- Manage the preparation of budget
- Monitoring budget vs. actual
- Prepare cash flow analysis
- Oversee Family Account collections and creation of monthly reports
- Coordinate financial assistance process, which includes working with a committee to recommend financial assistance awards
- Close end of year in Tuition Management Systems
- Work closely with the Directos of admissions, Develo0pment and Cambridge Montessori Institute (CMI)
- Oversee employee benefit package
- Manage compensation process with budget process
- Manage hiring process. Includes execution of contracts and letters of engagement as well as maintaining up to date records for each employee.
- Process payroll
- Assure compliance with all employment laws
- Administer policies and updated employee manual
- Oversee efficient purchasing processes for supplies and curriculum
- Oversee ordering process and budget
Cambridge Montessori School Finance Committee Member
- Prepare materials for Finance Committee (balance sheet, P&L statements, etc.)
- Serve as Finance Committee Member
- Coordinate audit and tax requirements - includes 990 Form
- Manage the preparation of budget
- Monitoring budget vs. actual and prepare cash flow analysis
- Perform other duties in pursuit of the school’s mission as assigned by the Head of School
- Manage Capital Projects
- Oversees Facilities
- Bachelor degree with 7+ years of accounting and related experience
- Excellent communication skills to communicate effectively with school leadership, parents and teachers
- Proficient with accounting systems such as QuickBooks, Tuition Management Systems and Microsoft Office
- Keen administrative skills – must be very organized and able to set priorities
Candidates should send a letter, personal statement, and resume to:
Dr. Ingrid Tucker
Head of School
CMS is a non-sectarian institution and does not discriminate on the basis of race, gender, religion, national or cultural origin, sexual orientation, family style, political belief, or disability in the administration of its admissions, financial assistance, education or employment practices.