Little City Montessori is a new preschool opening in September 2020. A member of the American Montessori Society, we believe children should be nurtured and celebrated as individuals in order for them unlock their love for learning and build on their natural curiosity. We are excited to be forming our team of Lead Teachers, Assistant Teachers and Aides for the upcoming school year to join us on this journey. Located in the Olde Kensington neighborhood of Philadelphia, next to Northern Liberties and Fishtown, this school occupies a completely renovated space. Little City Montessori will be a beautiful school for you to start or continue your teaching career!
Teacher’s Aide Responsibilities:
- Support the Lead and Assistant Teachers in the classroom, enabling them to focus on instruction without interruption
- Assist in setting up the classroom with the Lead Teacher every morning
- Actively document students’ daily experiences to provide accurate and transparent communications to families
- Maintain an environment that is clean, organized and safe for all children
- Communicate with the Lead and Assistant Teachers regarding all aspects of the children’s care as well as classroom management
- Oversight of toileting activities
- Assist with lunchroom routine and duties
- Prep the classroom at the end of the day
- Assist and ensure safety during outdoor play
- Participate in school sponsored events
- Maintain a professional self-image and project the values of the school at all times
- Ensure the daily care of every child by following all licensing guidelines and implementing all school standards
- Be responsible and flexible for all other duties as assigned
Qualifications: Teacher’s Aide applicants must meet the below requirements.
- Interest in and an understanding of the Montessori philosophy
- Bilingual preferred
- Ideal candidates will be eager to learn, flexible and able to adapt to any situation that arises
This is a 12-month position with a 20-30 hour/week schedule. We offer a highly competitive hourly rate.
Interested candidates should send resumes to email@example.com with “Teacher’s Aide application” in the subject line of the email. Thank you!