Elementary Teacher Position
Under the direction of the Head of School, the Elementary Teacher will lead a lower elementary classroom for 2019-2020.
Major Duties and Responsibilities:
Curriculum, Materials, and Classroom Management:
1. Presenting consistent and individual group lessons to the students and supporting each child’s direct ion and success.
2. Meeting regularly with students to work with them in assessing their own success and facilitating an individual path of progress.
3. Working with students of varying abilities assigned to the classroom, including those with learning exceptionalities, as well as attending meetings to support children who require it.
4. Preparing the Montessori classroom environment to meet the students’ needs and interests.
Parent Education, Meetings, and Conferences:
1. Assist in the development of and participate in school functions, including but not limited to open houses, orientation meetings, parent education, and school-wide activities.
2. Preparing documents and reports necessary to facilitate parent teacher conferences or other meetings requested by parents or school administration.
Record-Keeping and Data Assessment:
1. Maintaining student records, reports, evaluations, portfolios and tests.
2. Completing all progress monitoring on time as scheduled by administration.
3. Participating in all assessment-related trainings.
4. Preparing student progress reports and assessment reports as required by administration.
5. Coordinating with before- and after-school staff to ensure appropriate, personalized, and consistent out-of-school Care services for all students.
? Have a firm commitment to upholding the school’s mission.
? Possess an AMI or AMS elementary certification in addition to a minimum, a Bachelor’s degree.
? Have at least 3-5 years classroom experience.
Compensation and Benefits: PBMS offers extremely competitive compensation.
Please apply immediately.
All interested applicants must send a cover letter and resume to
info@pbmontessori and please visit www.pbmontessori.com