Sakura Montessori International School (SMIS) is a successful and reputable Montessori school with students ranging in age from 18 months to six years. Established in Vietnam in 2011, SMIS is the leading international standardized Montessori kindergarten in Vietnam. We strive to be pioneers in the education of peace, to nurture the soul, to respect the pace of natural development and to optimize the potential of each child. Our school is known to be the best school applying the most authentic Montessori method. SMIS is recognised as a number of Montessori Associations including IAPM in the US.
We are now seeking a suitably qualified Academic Director who is passionate about creating and developing Curriculum in the field of Early Childhood Education.
Expected on board date: March 2020
1. Researching and developing the programs
- Collaborating with Education Research Pedagogy Council of Sakura Montessori Kindergarten to design programs
- Proposing effective solutions to developing the programs of the school
2. Supervising, managing and ensuring the quality of the programs; supervising the activities in the school
- Supervising the Montessori program and other programs
- Ensuring that appropriate Montessori curriculum is available and implemented
- Ensuring that Montessori climate is maintained
- Supervising the status of the materials and equipment in Montessori classrooms
- Supervising and tracking the progress and academic performance of the children, supporting the curriculum alignment to the common core standards.
- Observing the classrooms and making the improvement reports
- Assisting the principal in supervising all the activities and events of the school during the school year
3. Providing professional training for the teachers
- Collaborating with teachers to plan and oversee the teacher training in terms of professional development and processes)
- Organizing the meetings with the teachers to provide feedback or coaching for them
- Identifying and creating the training needs for the teachers as requested
4. Participating in the conferences, events of the school
Participating and delivering speeches in the meetings, events, seminars, workshops, and conferences of the school.
5. Serving as an effective medium of communication between the school and parents
6. Interviewing and recruiting the staff for the school
7. Cooperating effectively
- Collaborating with and reporting directly to the Principal
Collaborating with Marketing and Sales Departments, principal and director of the school to make effective plans for enrollment
8. Developing cross-cultural connections
- Building a strong educational environment
- Connecting the teachers together to strengthen the bonds among them and promoting cross-cultural connections
- Bachelor’s degree or higher from the University of General Pedagogy or University of Early Childhood Pedagogy
- Administration Certificate
- 3-5 years’experience in working in academic administration or a related field.
- Demonstrated experience in creating and evaluating the programs
- Demonstrated experience in working with teachers in professional development and coaching situations
- Demonstrated commitment to and compatibility with Montessori beliefs and philosophy
- Knowledge of Montessori philosophy and curriculum
- Good leadership skills
- Good communication skills
- Good presentation skills and pedagogy skills
- Ability to make sound decisions
- Ability to relate to parents and the general public
- Ability to work with computer and technology (Microsoft Word, Microsoft Excel,
- Microsoft Powerpoint,…)
- Relocation package: one-way flight ticket and initial hotel cost covered for 2 days. ( For oversea hires)
- Visa and immigration costs covered by SMIS.
- Annual HealthCare package
- Annual health check: 01 time/year.
- Annual public holidays (paid days):
- Team building trip: 01 time/year.
- Christmas and New Year holidays: 10 days, including Saturday and Sunday.
- Summer break: 10 days, including Saturday and Sunday.
- 12 personal leaves/year
- Training opportunities to improve yourself with higher competencies
- Children's tuition exemption: base on the Company’s policy.
Interested candidates, please contact Ms. Van Anh Doan at firstname.lastname@example.org.